ISO clever chili name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to come up with a clever name for my chili. I am entering it into a competition at my church. Here are some of the ingredients to help craft a name. I would prefer a name that sends a subliminal message to the judges that mine is the best. Thanks.

- ground beef
- black beans
- kidney beans
- chipotle

CLC - for Chili Lovers Chili.

A musician's musician is one who makes music that people who know music love to listen to. In the same vain, Chili Lover's Chili is the chili that people who love and make chili would prefer. Or you could change the name to "Chili Chef's Chili".

The only htin is that the product has to live up to the name. Good luck. I hope you do great.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Chattanooga Chili.

I just like how it sounds. Your challenge would be why "Chattanooga." Be creative. "I only use Granny's 'maters from the old home place in Chattanooga." :rolleyes:

~Kathleen

I should have called it Freight Train!

Anyway, I got all the ingredients (even the secret ones;) and can't wait to get going tonight. I got 2 anaheim chiles, 2 pablanos, and a can of chipotles in adobo. Should be enough heat, although I probably won't use the whole can of chipotles.

I should have called it Freight Train!

Anyway, I got all the ingredients (even the secret ones;) and can't wait to get going tonight. I got 2 anaheim chiles, 2 pablanos, and a can of chipotles in adobo. Should be enough heat, although I probably won't use the whole can of chipotles.

So...

Wanna list the ingredients?

All of em?

Why have secrets amongst friends? ;)

Hope the chili turns out well and good luck.

So...

All of em?

Why have secrets amongst friends? ;)

Hope the chili turns out well and good luck.

I guess you didn't watch Kung Fu Panda, huh?

Nothing really secret to anyone here. Chipotle and chocolate would be closest though.

So...

All of em?

Here is the list as best I can remember.

3 lb ground beef
1 14.5 oz can light red kidney beans
1 14.5 oz can black beans
1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 can regular rotel
1 6 oz can tomato paste
2 anaheim peppers (seeded)
1 ancho peppers (seeded)
5-6 chipotle peppers w/ adobo sauce
cumin
chili powder
salt
oregano
fresh garlic
cocoa
Texas Pete
handful semisweet choc chips
hershey's chocolate sauce

I won 2nd place in the hot category. I really wasn't going for hot but I guess I overshot with the chipotles! And apparently the people that were actually aiming for hot undershot a bit. And go figure, they guy I invited 2 days before the event showed up with 2 pots and won best overall! It was a lot of fun though, and since I brought a bunch home with me I can mix in extra beans and tomatoes to tone it down a bit and enjoy some chili.

Sounds like a nice chili. Those chipotles can make on overshoot the mark lickity split. I have overshot with that one extra teaspoon trying to sneak up on it. ;)

Congrats on 2nd place. Good show and you can train harder for next time.

By the way, the names were not even known till the chili went out for general consumption. For the judging they just used numbers.

That's to stop someone from naming their chili "I will pay each judge $100 if you pick mine"

Back
Top Bottom