SizzlininIN's Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I just put this together today. I don't follow a recipe I just add this and that but today I decided I'd better write it down and measure the ingredients in case someone would like a good chili recipe. It turned out really good!

1 Tbsp Oil.....I used Olive Oil
1# Ground Beef
1/2 Medium Red Onion or 3/4 cup; diced
1/2 Large Green Bell Pepper or 3/4 cup; seeded and diced
2 (15.5 oz) cans of Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed. You could add 1 can red and one dark red for contrast.
2 (14 oz) cans of Hunts diced tomatoes. NOTE: I only had a 28 oz can of whole tomatoes so I threw those in the food processor and pulsed it a couple times being careful so they all didn't break up completely.
2 cups water
1/2 tsp ground Cumin
3 Tbsp Mexene Chili Powder Seasoning
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (on the fine grind)

In a Dutch Oven I browned the ground beef with the green peppers and onion. Be sure to break up the meat as it browns. I drained off the fat and put the mixture back in the pan and added all the other ingredients. Simmer on low for 30 minutes.

Serve it in a bowl and if you like add a topping: Sour Cream, Scallions, Jalapeno Slices, Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese or Shredded Taco Cheese, etc.....

Hey that sounds alot like my mommy's chili. Only she uses cans of whole tomatoes and squishes them with her hands lol.

middie said:
Hey that sounds alot like my mommy's chili. Only she uses cans of whole tomatoes and squishes them with her hands lol.

I like to do that too but last time DH said he liked it best when the tomatoes were in smaller pieces so I did it this way to appease him.......oh the sacrifices we women make for our men :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom