Turkey chilli?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably would be fine. I'd sub out chicken broth for the beef...and I'd probably use jalapeno peppers...and, I might simmer the turkey in the chicken broth first. I make "white chili" fairly often. I use white chili beans and the flavor is less intense than red chili. If you want to make it a mole, then you might go with a "red" base....

I can only comment from my experience grilling typical hamburgers (ground/minced beef) and grilling ground turkey burgers. They both cook in about the same amount of time. I wouldn't think you would have to alter your cooking times.

I often times sub ground turkey for ground beef. I like beef better, but the ground turkey works well. And I use it like I would the ground beef.

What a coincidence. I was just talking to Sprout about turkey chili today. Seems her boss/owner of the restaurant where she works makes a mean turkey chili. I'll have to see if she's got time to visit and tell you the differences between the beef chili she's used to, and the turkey chili her boss makes.;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I was really just concerned about simmering the turkey in the chilli for so long like you do the chunks of beef. I will be using chunks of turkey rather than mince, I find I prefer my chilli's chunkier. Don't know why, but I just think it seems more substantial.

Anyway, I just didn't want the turkey to end up disintergrating or somerthing! I wasn't sure what would happen if you simmered turkey for about an hour and a half! I guess there's only one way to find out ;)

And Goodweed of the North, I would be very interested in hearing about that turkey chilli! :)

Back
Top Bottom