Anchovy yummy TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
Mine is Amore anchovy paste, have the same brand for garlic paste and tomato paste.

I have the whole collection too. Good stuff!

Just curious. . .what brand do you use, Kades? I like it in a pinch, but as I mentioned, for me, it doesn't have they same gusto as packed filets. Maybe it's the brand I have. I LOVE the convenience of the tube stuff though!
The last one I had was Amore. I too prefer the canned kind over the tube but beggars can't be choosers:LOL:
kades

It's hard to open a whole can for just one person...I could eat them, no problem...except for the salt. Even de-salted there is still enough sodium to send my blood pressure over the top. The little dabs of the paste give me the taste I want without wasting a partial can.

It's hard to open a whole can for just one person...I could eat them, no problem...except for the salt. Even de-salted there is still enough sodium to send my blood pressure over the top. The little dabs of the paste give me the taste I want without wasting a partial can.

an open can of anchovies has never presented a problem for me. in the refrigerator, anchovies will last for weeks, (even longer i think)--properly wrapped and covered in oil. once i have an open can of anchovies in the fridge, it usually gets used up in a matter of days. but on a few occasions they've been displaced and forgotten for a while. as much as a month later, my tin of anchovies tasted just like fresh-opened....:yum::)

i've not used anchovy paste up to now, but it is probably something i will be picking up soon on a light grocery day. it sounds so convenient.:)

@ Princess Fiona,

Wow ... Cutie ... Like the little girl on the Little Rascals !

*** Some moms do not permit their kids to enjoy and get a little dirty !

*** You look very happy with your meal !!!

Have nice Holiday.
Margi.

Last edited:
Have you ever tried anchovy paste? It comes in tubes, also. :) Very convenient.

Tubed anchovy paste is not convenient for me. I can't help sucking the content directly from the tube every time I open the fridge, so it doesn't last for more then a couple of days. I had to stop buying it. Life can be hard. :pig:

Good Afternoon,

One of the lovelist dishes I have ever had with anchovies is:
Pissaladiere Tart with a topping on anchovies and filling of onions ... it is steeped in French provencial tradition ...
Is any one familar with this savoury tart ?
Margi.

@ Luca,

I can eat a whole can embellished with Evoo by myself ... a bit of Pecorino or Parmesan or Fresh cheese, buffala di Mozz. and crusty warm bread and a Prosecco !
Nothing else, except fab company and smart conversation ..

** Paste no is exactly same !!!
Kind regards.

Margi.

Good Afternoon,

Pissaladiere Tart with a topping on anchovies and filling of onions ... it is steeped in French provencial tradition ...
Margi.

No, I had never heard of it. I Googled and it sounds wonderful.

Margi i've seen the recipe and have wanted to make it, but life handed me lemons and I had to recover many things so maybe this summer we can indulge in this wonderful treat.
kades

Tubed anchovy paste is not convenient for me. I can't help sucking the content directly from the tube every time I open the fridge, so it doesn't last for more then a couple of days. I had to stop buying it. Life can be hard. :pig:
Ah ha you now know my secret:ROFLMAO:
kades

Good Afternoon,

Margi.

I tasted it in Nice last summer, it's wonderful!

@ Luca,

Buongiorno,

I had two that I can say were outstanding, one in Carcassone, very close to Italia and the other in a wonderful restaurant on the back streets of Marseilles.

The basic dough is simple ... however, laborious ...

I have seen them filled with mushrooms, onion and bacon as well in the countryside of Provence ...

Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Back
Top Bottom