Avacodo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you're having a martini, it's fun to use an avocado ball, instead of the traditional olive. You just use a melon baller.

jkath said:
If you're having a martini, it's fun to use an avocado ball, instead of the traditional olive. You just use a melon baller.
Now why didn't I think of that... :LOL:
kadesma
Martini anyone :?:

Okay, it's after 12 - I'm up for one :D
Actually, avoballs are really good in gin drinks too, especially citrusy ones.
Very good in grapefruit vodka as well.
trink32.gif

I'm lookin like a lush - oh dear! Back to my coffee!
22.gif

jkath said:
Okay, it's after 12 - I'm up for one :D
Actually, avoballs are really good in gin drinks too, especially citrusy ones.
Very good in grapefruit vodka as well.
trink32.gif

I'm lookin like a lush - oh dear! Back to my coffee!
22.gif
Nah, I'll have one with ya, I just got back from grocery shopping and it was like a zoo! I'm ready, I've got the avocados and gin and , weeeel here's to you :LOL:
kadesma

I love avocados any way, shape, or form! To eat them plain, I like to either cut them in half, remove the seed, and sprinkle just a bit of salt on it, or better yet put a couple teaspoons lemon or lime juice on it and then add a little salt. Avocados are wonderful on a green salad, along with tomatoes. Any dressing is good with it, but Thousand Island seems to be made to go with it (I also love Bleu Cheese with it).

Now I am going to give you a recipe for something so wonderful that you will wonder how you lived this long without it! lol

These are served cold and go great with steak.

Stuffed Green Chiles

1 can (4 oz.) whole green chiles
1/4 pound shredded jack cheese
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup vinegar
1 red onion (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste

Mash avocado with salt and pepper. Slit open chiles, remove seeds. Stuff each chile with avocado and cheese. Place stuffed chiles in deep (at least 3") dish. Mix oil and vinegar and pour over chiles. Top with onion slices, if desired.

Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.

Enjoy!

:) Barbara

Barbara L said:
I love avocados any way, shape, or form! To eat them plain, I like to either cut them in half, remove the seed, and sprinkle just a bit of salt on it, or better yet put a couple teaspoons lemon or lime juice on it and then add a little salt. Avocados are wonderful on a green salad, along with tomatoes. Any dressing is good with it, but Thousand Island seems to be made to go with it (I also love Bleu Cheese with it).

Now I am going to give you a recipe for something so wonderful that you will wonder how you lived this long without it! lol

These are served cold and go great with steak.

Stuffed Green Chiles

1 can (4 oz.) whole green chiles
1/4 pound shredded jack cheese
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup vinegar
1 red onion (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste

Mash avocado with salt and pepper. Slit open chiles, remove seeds. Stuff each chile with avocado and cheese. Place stuffed chiles in deep (at least 3") dish. Mix oil and vinegar and pour over chiles. Top with onion slices, if desired.

Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.

Enjoy!

:) Barbara
Barbara,
wow this looks great, we are having shredded pork tacos tonight and this will be perfect to go with them.
thanks kadesma, off to the store for the chiles :)

All I do is split the avocado in two, remove the pit, then pour some canola oil and red wine vinegar into the avocado (leave in the shell), and eat it up!

Avacados

I am happy all of you feel the same way I do about avacados. Amber, you don't mash it before you eat it? Not on crackers or anything? I truly have gotten hungry for them just reading all the comments. I do like grapefruit and vodka too. I don't think vodka is bad for you either. Doesn't seem to affect me but I was told not to drive if I drink. Have you tried raspberry vodka? They say that is good. Any other vodka drinkers here?

avacados

Guess I am thinking of vodka when I have to clean this freezer. Anything to help me with this job. Just as long as I don't fall in and the lid closes.

Re: avacados

In the Kitchen said:
Guess I am thinking of vodka when I have to clean this freezer. Anything to help me with this job. Just as long as I don't fall in and the lid closes.

10.gif

hee he hee hee hee hee hee hee

as for vodka drinkers - go to the beverage thread - we're all over it!

avacados

well, I didn't fall in and the job is DONE!!!!!!! Now for some more vodka. Anyone care to join me? What gets me is when they ask, what have you done all day? I am grateful to have it done for another year. Sure gets dirty. I guess I can admit to anything here. You won't tell will you? I try to be perfect. well, you want to hear another one?

avacados

I think I posted in the wrong area. Sorry, I just finished cleaning the deep freezer and was tired. If I made you wonder what I was talking about. See how housework affects the mind? I apologize and sincerely hope you don't think I am 'out of it'. I should just stick to eating avacados than no reason to clean a deep freezer.

avacados

Are we still eating our avacados? Funny, I think of all of you when I do. Good thoughts and feel normal. I don't think many people really buy them. But knowing the way you guys feel makes me so happy. Thank you all. You are bringing happiness in my life. Like new baby. Child or animal. Always something different.

avacados

I am so happy I am not alone. Now whenever I have them I feel like I have company. Wouldn't it be great to have an avacado picnic with all these great recipes? I just can't believe how different they make your life. Some women put them on their face. Wonder what that is supposed to do? I wouldn't waste them on my face. Too good to enjoy. I never see them on a menu in a restaurant. That would probably be an exclusive item if they were. Wouldn't that make a great place to eat where they just served avacados. Wonder how soup would taste? Here I go again fantasizing! Thanks for joining us CharlieD You're addicated now. They actually look like prunes but I think much more enjoyable. Thanks for all the links. Go crazy!!!

Avocados are one of those chidlhood happy memories. When I was a young teen, my godmother, ma tante Claire, introduced me to avocadoes. I loved them immediately. I still love salads and avocadoes, and think of Auntie Claire every time I pull out the cutting board to make a salad.

Back
Top Bottom