Baguette topper idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Have not felt much like eating a full meal and just want to pick and choose here and there..If you like goat cheese but feel like I do at times that it needs something to go with the tang of it..You might like this
I took about a 1/4 cup of fresh raspberries, 3 Tab. raspberry jam,2 tab. of zinfandel wine, and about 10 basil leaves and a cup of soft unsalted butter.put them in the blender or f/p and whizzed til just combined. Put into covered container and store til ready to use on your sliced baguette with slices or pieces of goat cheese..I did remove from the refrigerator about a half hour before using..They were so nice and I think would be great for a luncheon of salads..
kadesma:)

Katie,
I really enjoyed it. The tang of the cheese and the sweetness of the raspberries is just perfect together..
kadesma:)

cj - you are brilliant! I am copying this for sure! So tell me - where did the urge come from to combine these things? I swear - I'm coming to live with you! :flowers:

cj - you are brilliant! I am copying this for sure! So tell me - where did the urge come from to combine these things? I swear - I'm coming to live with you! :flowers:
Elf,
It was just a case of it fell out of the refrigerator:LOL: I was having the munchies and no matter how many times I looked the food in the refrigerator didn't change :LOL: And I remembered what my little cheese friend at the grocery had asked me...Have you ever used goat cheese with something sweet? I hadn't and I had rasberries in there as well as blackberries and strawberries, so I just grabbed the raspberries and the jam and mixed them, then put in some basil, tasted, added the wine and here we are..I took him some and he wrote down what I did and is going to present it this weekend to customers to try...
I love to mix things and sometimes I win and then!!! Well, we won't go there:LOL:
Have plenty of room any time you want to make the move:-p
kadesma

CJ, I really think you SHOULD write a cookbook!! You always come up with such brilliant yummy ideas to inspire all of us. I bet it will be a smashing success!! You are just too good!!:rolleyes::-p

CJ, I really think you SHOULD write a cookbook!! You always come up with such brilliant yummy ideas to inspire all of us. I bet it will be a smashing success!! You are just too good!!:rolleyes::-p
Licia,
I picked up some software and plan to do a simple book I can have copied to give to my grandkids. That's about it for me..I would make my DH crazy if I even thought about a cookbook..I'm so un organized it would be a disaster. Believe me I have thought about it, but there are so many books out there and so well put together that, I'd be lost...Thanks for the vote of confidence though..:)
cj

This sounds delicious. I wonder if it would work well with ricotta or cream cheese? That's all I have in the fridge at the time.

This sounds delicious. I wonder if it would work well with ricotta or cream cheese? That's all I have in the fridge at the time.
Dina,
that to me is what sharing a recipe is about, trying different combinations of things from the original recipe..I'm betting cream cheese with maybe a little cream to thin it out or a little extra zin wouldbe really good.
kadesma;)

Although I don't eat any milk products, my DH and son will love having this once in a while for a football treat or whenever. It really sounds great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom