Bleu Cheese Crisps- TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
I made these today with a couple of changes. I'll list those also. The kids loved them!

2(4oz)pkgs. crumbled bleu cheese
1 stick margarine, softened
1 1/3C all purpose flour
1/3C poppy seeds
1/4tsp. ground red pepper

With an electric mixer, beat cheese & margarine at medium speed until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients & beat until well blended.

Divide dough in half & shape into 9 inch logs. Wrap in wax paper & chill for 2 hours.

Cut each log into 1/4 inch slices & place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.

What I changed: I omited the poppy seeds & replaced the red pepper with paprika.

Thanks, crewsk! My mom loves bleu cheese - and she loves snacky things. I'm gonna make these for her.

Sounds yummy crewsk, all my kids are blue cheese people, so this will be a hit. Thanks
kadesma:)

These look great! Try something the next time you make 'em - sub out about 1/4 cup of cornstarch for flour, and see how crispy this makes them!

That's what I did with the 'cheddar penny' recipe; the original didn't call for cornstarch, but I was thinking how crisp the cornstarch or rice flour makes shortbread, so decided to try it, and it was a winner!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom