Buffalo Chicken Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I forgot to thank Buckytom
3.gif
for his wonderful buffalo chicken dip recipe.
I made it on New Year's Eve, and I loved it. I think next time, I will only put it in the oven for 5 mintutes till the top cheese melts, as the chicken was really hot when I was putting it all together.

Anyway, if you can find this recipe (I couldn't, but it's morning here, and I'm lucky to find my coffee cup), make it. It's in the appetizer forum, and the dates are about a week before New Years.

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

Bucky, Bucky
he's our man
if he can't cook it
no one can!

lol, thanks jkath. it really is an awesome dip. would be great for super bowl parties. i think i'll have to make it again soon. here's te recipe, one mo time:

BONNIE'S BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, about 2 pounds, boiled, drained & shredded with 2 forks (crockpot is a great way to cook the chicken) Don't cut chicken into chunks..it needs to be shredded

1 - 12 ounce bottle Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce (try not to substitute here, Frank's really is the best. Crystal would be okay but do NOT use Tabasco)

2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese

1 - 16 ounce bottle Ranch dressing

1/2 cup chopped celery

8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 13x9x2 inch baking pan, combine shredded cooked chicken meat with entire bottle of Frank's sauce, spreading to form an even layer.

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine cream cheese and entire bottle of Ranch dressing, stirring til hot & smooth. Pour this evenly over chicken mixture.

Sprinkle with celery. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes; then sprinkle with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or til bubbly. Serve with celery sticks for dippers and/or any sturdy dipping chip like Tostito Golds.

Thank you for re-posting!

16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

gimme a "T"
gimme an "H"
gimme an "A"
gimme an "N"
gimme a "K"
gimme an "S"

(and a word to the wise...if you are bringing it to someone's house....don't cover it in foil, as the cheese on top that touches it will become attached in a way isn't pretty....)

When I read a good new recipe, I always try to imagine who I'd make it for in my family or circle of friends. If you'd like to know, this one is going to be made for John and Walt. (My guitarist and his brother, respectively.)

THANX BUCK! Killer Recipe!!!!!

:)

RJ

Looks great Bucky.

Couple of questions

1. Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce - hot BBQ sauce or non sweet chilli sauce?
2. Ranch dressing - no idea, never dressed a Ranch before. ;)

heya brooksy. frank's hot sauce is neither bbq nor sweet chilli. it's made from pureed aged cayenne peppers and vinegar, salt, and garlic powder. it's not very hot as hot sauces go. more vinegar-y but it is the defining flavor of buffalo wings.

i'm not sure how to describe ranch dressing, except that it's white and creamy. has anyone ever made it before that can describe it better?

lol, thanks rj. now we just need to find out what spices are in the packet. i'm guessing mostly black pepper and salt.

Hey, it PAYS to save your notes from Garde Manger class!

MOCK HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH DRESSING

1 t chopped fresh parsley
1 t garlic salt
1 t onion salt
1 t M.S.G.
1 t black pepper
1 t chopped onion, dried
1 pt mayonnaise
1 pt buttermilk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me

Here's one I have:

Ranch-Style Dressing

2/3 c. low-fat cottage cheese
3 Tbsp skim milk
1 Tbsp tarragon vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. sliced green onion tops
pepper to taste
In a blender or food processor, blend
cottage cheese, milk, vinegar & garlic
till smooth. Add onion tops; blend until
just combined. Store in frige. Yield 3/4 cup

buckytom said:
lol, thanks rj. now we just need to find out what spices are in the packet. i'm guessing mostly black pepper and salt.

No worries Bucky. :LOL:

And thanx also to Jkath & Ardge - copied & pasted both. Look good.

Went for a google and found this one as well, worth a shot:

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

15 saltines
2 cups dry parsley flakes, minced
1/2 cup instant minced onion
2 tablespoons dry dill weed
1/4 cup onion salt
1/4 cup garlic salt
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder

1. Place crackers through blender on high speed until powdered.
2. Add parsley, minced onion and dill weed.
3. Blend again until powdered.
4. Dump into a bowl.
5. Stir in onion powder and salt, and garlic powder and salt. Put into
container with tight fitting lid.
6. Store dry mix at room temperature for up to 1 year.
7. To mix: combine 1 Tbsp. dry mix, 1 cup of mayonnaise and 1 cup of
buttermilk.

Which one to try first? I'll have to consult the pantry. :)

i just wanted to bump this thread as the stupid bowl is approaching and also to add that the original recipe, as far as can be discerned, is from an aol user group from a woman named bonnie, who tried to reproduce a dip that she had in a restaurant called amelia's in quincey (massachusetts?). it was published in the boston herald in 1998.
just giving credit where credit is due.
i can thank a very sweet woman named val from the west coast of florida who posted it in my old foodie website.

that really sounds good, might go well for a tailgating party, or superbowl. I may have to watch and root for the Eagles, as a former DUCK is being called back into action to cover for Owens whose doctor says he cannot play. GO DUCKEAGLES

buckytom said:
lol, thanks jkath. it really is an awesome dip. would be great for super bowl parties. i think i'll have to make it again soon. here's te recipe, one mo time:

BONNIE'S BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
1 - 12 ounce bottle Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce (try not to substitute here, Frank's really is the best. Crystal would be okay but do NOT use Tabasco)

quote]

You are so right buckytom, FRANKS is absolutely wonderful. It is the only hot sauce in my kitchen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom