Do you enjoy any weird but simple snacks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chiklitmanfan

Senior Cook
1) One of my favorites is large pretzel rods dipped in ranch dressing.
2) Small curd cottage cheese (lotsa S&P) with tortilla chips.
3) Lo-cal Quick chocolate smoothie (In a blender, combine a few ice cubes, 2 packs of hot cocoa mix, a couple of tablespoons of vanilla yogurt, and skim milk. Blend well) Really refreshing on a hot day.
4) Greek peppers on soda crackers.
5) Hot boiled peanuts and a beer
6) Pork rinds and a coke (This is about the only time I'll indulge in a soft drink)
7) Thin sliced roast beef and horse radish sauce on Triscuits.
8) scratch-made chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies frozen hard in the freezer and a glass of skim milk. (I don't remember where freezing perfectly good cookies came from but it endures to this day)

Fresh sage leaves, lightly fried crisp in a little butter. Delish.

When deskinning chicken, I like to render the skin down in a frying pan (lowish heat) until it releases its fat and the skin goes crisp.

If I want to feel full but trying to cut back on calories, a quick snack is to cook up some oatgerm with water (pinch of salt) until a thick porridge. Then pour it into a bowl and top it with a little molasses sugar and some milk.

I like to take Cashew nuts and grind them down to almost a powder in my small FP. Then I eat it with a spoon.

I also like to sprinkle it on a Fluffanutter sandwich. :angel:

Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion potato chips dipped in cottage cheese. I can no longer trust myself with them, so I don't buy chips anymore.

chips made out of boiled then deep-fried lasagna noodles dipped in almost anything.

Tortilla chips and tartar sauce

pumpkin seeds mixed with craisins.

Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion potato chips dipped in cottage cheese. I can no longer trust myself with them, so I don't buy chips anymore.
Aww that is commendable! Here in UK, we call potato chips, crisps! I favour the hand cooked, unsalted ones.

I am a crispaholic! My name is amy and it's been 18 hours since my last packet of crisps. :wacko:

Last edited:
Aww that is commendable! Here in UK, we call potato chips, crisps! I favour the hand cooked, unsalted ones.

I am a crispaholic! My name is amy and it's been 18 hours since my last packet of crisps. :wacko:

Lol! I can forgo any other chips/crisps, but for me, this combination is lethal.

Eating potato chips with slices of white balloon bread spread with French's yellow mustard. Alternate--- one chip, one bite of the bread/mustard.

This HAS to be done while reading a good entertaining book that doesn't tax the brain. NO non-fiction.

I started that in my adolescence and reading Nancy Drew mysteries. Don't do it much now since the calories I imbibe then are prohibitive. And Nancy Drew mysteries will be reserved for my dotage when I start regressing. LOL

I like to take Cashew nuts and grind them down to almost a powder in my small FP. Then I eat it with a spoon.

Now THAT is really 'weird'! :LOL: Where and why did that habit start? Curious mind needs to know.

Thanks for the great additional weird snack ideas! And following up..............

Spending two years in Japan, I got hooked on Japanese bar snacks: rice crackers, deep fried peas and DRIED SQUID! It is sorta like chewing on a salty rubber sink washer but is heavenly with a beer.

Smoked oysters! I forgot that one. Love them on soda crackers. Also love all flavors of canned sardines: catsup, mustard, hot spicy, soy sauce.

Boiled and deep fried lasagna noodles sound really good with a suitable dip.

Crisp bacon and maple syrup! I take crisp bacon, chop it up and put it into my waffle batter. Best waffles I've ever had.

Cottage cheese seems to be a dip of choice. Any sort of 'crisp' or chip is legal to get it into your mouth.

I also prefer my peanut butter sandwiches slathered liberally with mayo (!!)

My late father's pancakes covered with 'SOS' (creamed chipped beef gravy)

This has been fun. Thanks for the mouth-watering suggestions.

1) One of my favorites is large pretzel rods dipped in ranch dressing.
2) Small curd cottage cheese (lotsa S&P) with tortilla chips.
3) Lo-cal Quick chocolate smoothie (In a blender, combine a few ice cubes, 2 packs of hot cocoa mix, a couple of tablespoons of vanilla yogurt, and skim milk. Blend well) Really refreshing on a hot day.
4) Greek peppers on soda crackers.
5) Hot boiled peanuts and a beer
6) Pork rinds and a coke (This is about the only time I'll indulge in a soft drink)
7) Thin sliced roast beef and horse radish sauce on Triscuits.
8) scratch-made chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies frozen hard in the freezer and a glass of skim milk. (I don't remember where freezing perfectly good cookies came from but it endures to this day)

1.Gingernuts (hard ginger biscuits/cookies) dunked in hot tea (with milk of course - I'm English after all ;)) There is an art to judging the timing so the gingernut soaks up enough tea to make it soft but not so much that it collapses into the cup.

2. A toasted crumpet with melted cheese

3. A slice of rich fruit cake with Philadelphia cream cheese (and then I wonder why I'm overweight!)

Actually, I don't think any of these are weird - well, perhaps the last one is a bit odd.

I'm not very fond of crisps in general but I cannot be left alone with a full-sized tub of sour cream and chive Pringles.:ohmy:

Now THAT is really 'weird'! :LOL: Where and why did that habit start? Curious mind needs to know.

I had some dental work done. Had to stick to soft foods for about a week that didn't require chewing. Had a bag of cashews on hand and I couldn't resist them. So I found a way to eat them. And have been doing so every since. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom