Football Party Food ~ Appetizers Galore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sephora

Washing Up
Okay, you show me yours, I'll show you mine. I can hardly wait for next Thursday. The Steelers are on Prime Time, Rascal Flatts is performing, and I get an excuse to make my cream cheese bread bowl.

Bread Bowl Cream Cheese Dip

4 bricks cream cheese
3 tbls mayo
6 green onions
2 tsp lemon juice
14 dashes garlic salt
14 dashes pepper
5 oz dried beef

Dash of Worcheshire sauce to taste

Chop green onions and dried beef. Soften cream cheese and mix with garlic salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Add in chopped ingredients. Flavor with Worcheshire sauce. Hollow out bread bowl making sure pieces are big enough to use for dipping. Bake in bread bowl with lid on covered in aluminum foil for an hour and a half at 350. Do not place on cookie sheet, place directly on oven shelf. Serve with pieces taken from the bread bowl (and a baget if necessary).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, if anyone has a good wings recipe that is sweet, not spicey, that'd be great. Add your favorites.

Very nice Sephora,
I know my family woulde enjoy your recipe, so I've made a copy and will try it out soon. Thank you.

kadesma:)

Here's a snobby one I make for visiting royalty, LOL!!

Stuff stoned dates with blue cheese. Wrap in a slice of smoky bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Bake at 425º for about 15 mins. Eat.!

Advantage - easy to make, no problem to prepare.

Here's a grossly fattening one to satisfy my yearning for anything fried:
6 slices Wonderbread or sliced white loaf
1 dozen strips smoked pork loin
beer batter made with (approx.) 1 cup beer, 3/4 cup of flour, 1 egg, beaten, salt and pepper.
Pineapple chutney thinned with a little water.
Trim the crusts off the bread and place two slices of smoked pork loin on one slice . Cover with another slice. Do this with all the bread, then place it on a flat surface and put a heavy weight on top, to flatten the sandwiches.
Cut into four, dip into the batter and deep fry until golden ( you may have to fiddle with the batter to get the right texture). Drain on kitchen paper and serve with pineapple chutney.

Sephora said:
Okay, you show me yours, I'll show you mine. I can hardly wait for next Thursday. The Steelers are on Prime Time, Rascal Flatts is performing, and I get an excuse to make my cream cheese bread bowl.

Bread Bowl Cream Cheese Dip

What bread do you use? Have you tried it with Sourdough?

Hanky Panky

brown 1# ground beef & 1# italian sausage.....drain off the fat. Then put it back in the pan and add 1# block of velvetta cheese, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Serve on Party Rye Bread. I keep mine warm by transferring it to a slow cooker.

SizzlininIN said:
What bread do you use? Have you tried it with Sourdough?
My SIL uses sourdough and likes it. I use a shepherds bread about the size of a half deflated basketball. Pretty good side. I'm doing this next Thursday and I may try sourdough but it depends more on what's available at the market.

thumpershere2 said:
The bread bowls sound so good and I will try them. Will do one for each viking game and also the packers games. Thanks for posting
I started doing it for the Steelers game the first week of the play offs when I thought they were going to lose. Kept doing it there after when they actually won against the Colts. Since I haven't had it since February, I'm excited.

SizzlininIN said:
Hanky Panky

brown 1# ground beef & 1# italian sausage.....drain off the fat. Then put it back in the pan and add 1# block of velvetta cheese, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Serve on Party Rye Bread. I keep mine warm by transferring it to a slow cooker.
hanky panky

we make the same except we put the spead on the rye bread than freeze it
once frozen we bake the for about 15 min at 375. yummy
we call them poop on a shingle the kids giggle at that name.
there is never one left

I had a dip on Labor Day that was simply chili, sour cream, and melted cheese. Some Fritos Scoops for dipping, mmm good!

rickell said:
hanky panky

we make the same except we put the spead on the rye bread than freeze it
once frozen we bake the for about 15 min at 375. yummy
we call them poop on a shingle the kids giggle at that name.
there is never one left

:LOL: we call poop on a shingle.....actually shxx on a shingle and there's no hanky panky involved :) ...........actually thats what we call a ground beef gravy served over buttered toast....:LOL:

SizzlininIN said:
:LOL: we call poop on a shingle.....actually shxx on a shingle and there's no hanky panky involved :) ...........actually thats what we call a ground beef gravy served over buttered toast....:LOL:

You just made me think about creamed turkey on toast. I can't wait till turkey day (actually the morning after) for that!

Another one we like is "Foxy Franks"

1 jar (10 oz) Currant Jelly
1/3 cup Prepared Mustard
1 pound of Smokey Links

Melt the jelly and blend in mustard.....heat thoroughly. Add the Smokey Links and stir them around coating each one with the sauce. Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with wooden toothpicks.

I keep these warm in a crockpot. These are always the first to go at a party.

vagriller said:
You just made me think about creamed turkey on toast. I can't wait till turkey day (actually the morning after) for that!

Never heard of it or had it......please share the recipe. I'm always trying to figure out new things to do with left over turkey.

Can you post it on the turkey board so we don't hijack this one ..... ;)

SizzlininIN said:

we do too when the kids are not around. you know i have made this
using left over cornbeef, sauerkraut, and processed swiss horseradish cheese.
yummy too

don't think you want to know what we call this :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Creole Mustard Meatballs

I don't know how I came up with this but these always go fast:

Creole Mustard Meatballs

1 tall half and half
1 small whipping cream
1 1/2 small jars Creole Mustard (or just use both)
3 TBS basic bbq sauce (I use Bulls Eye or homemade if I have it on hand)
1/2 TBS paprika

Cook in crockpot with prepared frozen meatballs. Will thicken as they cook

One Super Bowl a friend and I actually made sushi rolls for everyone - believe it or not that was a huge success!!

Back
Top Bottom