Garlic Squares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Garlic Squares
Yield: 8 Servings

1 c fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
1 c onions, thinly sliced
1/4 c plus 2 tablespoons butter
2 c flour
2 ts baking powder
1 ts salt
2 T parsley, finely chopped
1 ts dill
1 c milk
1/2 c sharp Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Gently saute garlic and onions in
2 tablespoons butter about 10 minutes until tender but not brown.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl. Cut in 1/4
cup butter until mixture is crumbly like cornmeal. Add parsley,
dill, and milk, stir just until evenly moist. Pour into well-greased
8 x 8-inch pan. Spread garlic and onions on top, then cover with
cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into
squares.
:chef:

def. sounds like something i will need to make down the road here. being an avid garlic lover this recipe does seem like it would go well with some sort of pasta dish. need to make sure i'm packing some breath mints though after pounding a few of those garlic squares away. nice recipe. :cool:

sounds yummy im going to have to try this i love garlic wonder if i could make some garlic fudge too hhhhmmmmmmmmm.. that sounds good and interesting too hehehehe almost like garlic ice cream

:ROFLMAO:
y'know, i actually went to my fudge file in hopes of helping you out, but, sorry, no garlic variations...........
did you ever make garlic SOUP???
:pig:

Yum! That sounds so delicious. I wonder if mixing some of the cheese, and onions/garlic right in the batter would be good as well...?

I'm going to try this tomorrow...... :chef:

grumblebee said:
Yum! That sounds so delicious. I wonder if mixing some of the cheese, and onions/garlic right in the batter would be good as well...?
I like that idea Grumblebee, I've got a cheese and chive scone recipe where they are in encorporated into the batter and it's terrific, so I bet this would be really nice too.

luckytrim said:
Garlic Squares
Yield: 8 Servings
1 c fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
I'm just browsing some of the old appetizer threads today. I've been copying and pasting more than I'll ever have time to try!

Anyway -- is that 1 CUP fresh garlic ?? 1 Clove doesn't sound enough...

Oooh - can't wait to try this one (when the weather cools down a bit here). As a garlic maven, this is right up my alley. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom