Hot Wing Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am thinking of trying this with cut up prepared boneless buffalo wings and serving with celery sticks and crackers. Has anyone tried this cold? I was thinking I might add some sour cream so it is more dippable since it is not warm? I don't wanna lug my crock pot to work! Not fun in snow and ice- HA! I guess I could pop it in the microwave....

Haven't tried it cold, Shannon. I have heated it up in the microwave though and it's just fine. I've not tried it with the shredded buffalo wings either. It's pretty spicy as it is. Might be good though. Let me know how it tastes.

I broke down and bought a crockette! Cold chicken just was not sounding too appetizing! And it is paying off! I nuked it to get everything combined, and then into the crock for tomorrow! Me and the little one are fighting over who gets to lick the bowl and spoon! yuummmmmmm!

I started out with this recipe as a base & added to it. Here's the result:

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 10-oz pkg cooked chicken breast strips, chopped (or chopped, cooked chicken breast)
1 Cup Frank's Red Hot
1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Cup blue cheese dressing
2 8-oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 - 2 cups cheddar-mozzarella cheese blend

In large non-stick skillet over medium heat, stir together chopped chicken & cayenne pepper sauce until heated through. Add garlic powder, pepper, and blue cheese dressing. Stir well until ingredients are well blended. Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in Cheddar-Mozzarella cheese until melted and all ingredients are well combined.

Last edited:
I made this last night for a party tonight. I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I haven't baked it, but just the cold ingredients tasted great! I know the group I'm cooking for and this will be a hit!! Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom