ISO Spinach dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeninga75

Sous Chef
Ok, I did do a search for spinach dip, and ended up with everything about anything except... spinach dip. So, looking for not a cheese based dip but a mayo/cream cheese/sour cream based dip. I looked on the internet but I want something TNT. I am in love with Wild Wing Cafe's (SE chain) spinach dip and would die for a copy recipe. (Yes, did a Wild Wings search too.)

I use the recipe on the box of Knorr vegetable soup. It's really good. I don't have one in my pantry to copy here. I believe the box says Hellman's mayo. Have made it with Hellmen's and with Kraft. We couldn't tell the difference but do use mayo. Miracle whip is not good for this recipe.

Here is the Knorr box recipe - I agree it it very good!!

KNORR'S BACK OF PKG. SPINACH DIP

10 ozs pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
16 ozs sour cream
1 c mayonnaise
1 pkg Knorr Vege Soup, Dip & Recipe Mix
8 ozs water chestnuts, drained & chopped (optional)
3 ea green onions, chopped

In med. bowl, stir spinach, sour cream, mayo, soup mix, water chestnuts & gr. onions till well mixed.
Cover; chill 2 hours to blend flavors.
Stir well. If desired, spoon into round bread bowl. Serve w/cut up veggies or chips.
SPINACH 7 CHEESE DIP: Add 8 oz. shredded Swiss cheese.

Note: I also add a couple shakes of tabasco.
--------

adding artichoke hearts to spinach dip works also.

Well that's easy enough. I'll pick that up tomorrow on the way home from work. I love using the new flour tortilla chips that Tostitos has.

I don't have "just" a spinach dip in my database, but if you're willing to put a little extra work into it, I have an awesome award-winning spinach artichoke dip (which kicks the crap out of spinach dip every day and thrice on Sundays)

(Credit to Youri Wang for this recipe, it is not one I devised on my own)

1 14oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
-Mix together artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, Romano cheese, and garlic. Cover dish.
-Bake until heated through and bubbly, about 25 minutes.

I don't have "just" a spinach dip in my database, but if you're willing to put a little extra work into it, I have an awesome award-winning spinach artichoke dip (which kicks the crap out of spinach dip every day and thrice on Sundays)

(Credit to Youri Wang for this recipe, it is not one I devised on my own)

1 14oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
-Mix together artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, Romano cheese, and garlic. Cover dish.
-Bake until heated through and bubbly, about 25 minutes.

I make this same one - it is absolutely awesome!

Hmmm, I may have to try that one if 2 people agree on it. Thing is, I'm really not crazy about artichokes.

Aslo, do you eat it warm? Or do you let it cool down? The only warm spinach dip I've had is the cheesy one from TGI Fridays and I dodn't like it at all.

trader

trader joes has a to die for spinach dip that they sell. if i remember right it comes in the bread dish with pieces of bread for dipping

my motto " let the other guy do the dirty work." lol

babe

old time spinach dip

The best spinach dip I ever had was the first time I ever tasted it. This was back in the 70's. It was just one big onion, minced--sweet or vidalia, one pkg frozen chopped spinach (sqeezed almost dry), enough mayonaise just to hold it together, and LOTS of fresh coarse ground pepper, and little salt. It was so good and simple to do. None of the commercial stuff ever compares to it, and any mixes don't either. This is so refreshing and simple. The pepper is the secret and I usually put in a couple tablespoons worth! You can judge it yourself however you like.

The very best I've had is on the back of the Knorr's spring vegetable soup mix box. It's always a huge success at every party it's at.

Same here, Knorr's is what we use, put inside a hollowed out bread bowl with the pieces arranged around it for dipping.
But, that artichoke spinach dip sounds mighty tasty as well, will definitely have to give it a try.

I did try the Knorr's. Way to salty. I ended up just doing equal parts sour cream and cream cheese and eye-balled the spinach. Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Added a little milk for a creamy, smooth consistancy. Kind of boring but was good to me.

Here is the Knorr box recipe - I agree it it very good!!

KNORR'S BACK OF PKG. SPINACH DIP

10 ozs pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
16 ozs sour cream
1 c mayonnaise
1 pkg Knorr Vege Soup, Dip & Recipe Mix
8 ozs water chestnuts, drained & chopped (optional)
3 ea green onions, chopped

In med. bowl, stir spinach, sour cream, mayo, soup mix, water chestnuts & gr. onions till well mixed.
Cover; chill 2 hours to blend flavors.
Stir well. If desired, spoon into round bread bowl. Serve w/cut up veggies or chips.
SPINACH 7 CHEESE DIP: Add 8 oz. shredded Swiss cheese.

Note: I also add a couple shakes of tabasco.
--------

adding artichoke hearts to spinach dip works also.
Man, you gotta put some marinated artichoke hearts in there too!

Here is a recipe we use at our restaurant. You can adjust the quantities to your liking.

8oz cream cheese
1pkg fresh chopped spinach wilted in a scant amount of water or frozen spinach
3 cloves minced garlic
1tsp tabasco
2tbsp. caesar dressing
1/4 cup parmesan
salt and pepper to taste

mix it all together and microwave for 1 minute if you want it to be hot.

Here is a recipe we use at our restaurant. You can adjust the quantities to your liking.

8oz cream cheese
1pkg fresh chopped spinach wilted in a scant amount of water or frozen spinach
3 cloves minced garlic
1tsp tabasco
2tbsp. caesar dressing
1/4 cup parmesan
salt and pepper to taste

mix it all together and microwave for 1 minute if you want it to be hot.
Thanks for sharing. I like this better since it has no mayonaise. But where are the marinated artichoke hearts <chuckle><chuckle>

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom