Kahlua

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAJ

Senior Cook
2 oz. jar instant coffee
3 cups sugar
1 fifth vodka (not the cheap stuff)
2 cups water
1 vanilla bean

In saucepan blend sugar and coffee. Add water and heat until sugar and coffee dissolve. Do not boil. Let cool and then add 1 fifth vodka. Cut vanilla bean in half and put 1/2 bean in 2 qt. bottles and fill with above mixture. Let stand two weeks. Makes 2 quarts.:chef:

We made this a couple of years ago and while it's clear that it's coffee liquor, it's also clear that it's not Kahlua.

I actually find this recipe to taste like a high quality Kahlua. (As long as the best Vodka is used.) My guests agree. I suppose we all have our own take and taste on all recipes and concoctions. That- is what makes it interesting. I have found that when a friend asks me for a recipe, they substitute ingredients and then wonder why the product is not as good- or not good at all. My friends do not cook- it is a shame.

A birthday treat sounds good. But, that type of hangover might not be so pretty....he he

A birthday treat sounds good. But, that type of hangover might not be so pretty....he he

It wasn't, both times. Bad enough that I won't do it again. I can get away with one before switching back to my usual Vodka/water/lime. I won't chance two. Other than the hangover, both times included blackouts. Scary.:ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom