Making up a "White Pizza Dip"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
I LOVE white pizza! We usually just make our own with alfredo, grilled chicken, bacon, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh garlic, and sometimes spinach. I was thinking about making these ingredients into a dip, and serving them with those long, round garlic breadstick "crackers" or scoring pillsbury breadsticks into squares, topping with italian herbs, and baking. I am probably not going to add spinach, but thought I would add a few cups of mozzarella cheese.

What do you think? I am taking it to work Friday!

I think I'll join you at work on Friday. I like the idea of the bread sticks. HAVE FUN!!!

Yeee-ummm! Are you going to shred the chicken for the dip?

Whole Foods just starting selling in their deli, a 'cesar salad chicken salad', which is just awesome - reminds me of what you're doing!

Um, where did you say you worked at?....that sounds good! I love alfredo anything! I wonder what onion bread would taste like with it.

That's a winner! I agree with Erik, focaccia bread would be a great addition! I would cut the bread into strips and briefly fry in EVOO. Just a thought!

yeah, I think it has a lot of possibilities! I would spend more $ and time if it weren't going to be devoured by a pack of wolves in 2 minutes... aka coworkers!!! I like the focaccia idea too! I agree texas, I love anything alfredo!!!!

White Pizza is my very favorite, too. Here's a great, simple "White Pizza Dip" recipe - you can add whatever you like to it. I usually do this in a crock pot.

White Pizza Dip

1 envelope Lipton Savory Herb & Garlic soup mix
2 cups sour cream (16 oz)
1 cup ricotta cheese (8 oz)
1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
1/4 cup pepperoni sausage chopped
1 loaf French or Italian bread

Instructions: Preheat oven to 350º.

In 1 quart casserole, combine soup mix, sour cream, ricotta, 3/4 cup mozzarella & pepperoni.

Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella.

Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with bread.

Back
Top Bottom