Need something light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bruschetta MADE with French bread, maybe? toast on bread is odd

• Main Entry: bru·schet·ta
  • Pronunciation: \brü-ˈshe-tə, -ˈske-\
  • Function: noun
  • Etymology: Italian, from Italian dialect (Tuscany), from bruscare to toast, burn, probably from Vulgar Latin *brusicare, frequentative of *brusare, *brusiare to burn
  • Date: 1954
: thick slices of bread grilled, rubbed with garlic, drizzled with olive oil, often topped with tomatoes and herbs, and usually served as an appetizer

I'm chuckling a bit too. Mostly because I'm one of those folks who just cooks and eats what she feels like at the moment. Chili in summer? Why not? Antipasto platter in midwinter? MMMMMMMM!!!

I'm just grateful for the variety of things we can get here year round. I know it wasn't always so.
I am with you on that Alix!

Someone has already mentioned it, but I'd go with hummus, baba ganouche, pita points, lots of olives and peppers. Instead of just pita points, I'd think of also providing spears or rounds of cukes, radishes, etc to dip into the hummus or baba ganouche, to keep it light. In the past, when asked for a similar appetizer, (and yes, I have been recently, to go with kabobs) I've made small bowls of the eggplant and chickpea dips, then surrounded them with the pickled veggies (olives, peppers, etc) and the fresh veggies. I know your party is probably long past, but as all of us know, it is nice to have these input for future reference.

GB and Alix, I was that way until I moved into a 150 year old house with a non-air-conditioned kitchen. It is also frigid in the winter. So I learned seasonal cooking, something I never knew in most places I've lived. You want that stew and chili simmering all day to warm the kitchen in the winter, and you sure as heck don't want it in the summer.

I am with you on that Alix!

I'm chuckling a bit too. Mostly because I'm one of those folks who just cooks and eats what she feels like at the moment. Chili in summer? Why not? Antipasto platter in midwinter? MMMMMMMM!!!

I'm just grateful for the variety of things we can get here year round. I know it wasn't always so.

I have been known to roast a turkey in July!:chef:

I have been known to roast a turkey in July!:chef:

Mmmmm turkey! Oh boy that would taste sooooo good. Well Patty, I think I might have to try that myself in the next week or so. Its not July but the temps are still in the high 80's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom