Portobello Heaven - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
I prepared these on my indoor grille (with glass tempered lid - to melt the cheese). It's easy to put together for a cocktail party bite or appetizer.

Portobello mushrooms
Sliced fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese (or shredded mozzarella)
*Sliced beefsteak tomato (sun-dried tomatoes or roasted sweet red peppers is another way to go)
Fresh basil
Extra virgin olive oil
Bruschetta (toasted baguette, rubbed w garlic & drizzled w evoo) Alternately, you could use mini rolls & make mini sandwich cocktail bites.)

Remove stems & clean mushrooms. Brush olive oil on both sides. Grill mushrooms cap side down, turn over and grill till a bit soft. Flip the mushrooms over cap side down, place a *tomato slice on, then the mozzarella. When cheese is melted, remove shrooms from grille & sprinkle with basil.

Cut the mushrooms into smaller pieces & place on bruschetta, Cut the brushetta into slices - or place the shrooms on mini rolls/buns.

Sounds wonderful, just my type of ingredients!! But ya know, I have never myself bought a portobello mushroom to cook with at home! I don't know why, I like them just never have used them in any of my dishes! I say its high time I do!! :chef:
Thank you for sharing!!

Do you just dream this stuff up amy??? I wish I had your creativity!

Thank you sattie. Some people count sheep when they go to sleep, my brain concocts recipes in my head. :LOL:

Ooh I love portabellos. I happen to have some in the fridge and was going to grill them with chicken breasts for a sandwich. I think I'm going to add these ingredients and make a "really" good sandwich. Thank you for this!

Barb

Ooh I love portabellos. I happen to have some in the fridge and was going to grill them with chicken breasts for a sandwich. I think I'm going to add these ingredients and make a "really" good sandwich. Thank you for this!

Barb

Mmmmm, mushrooms & chicken - one of my fave comfort food dishes. Sounds like a tasty sandwich. Thank you for the idea.

Back
Top Bottom