REAL Onion Dip Recipe - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw this thread revived and I just wanted to say that we use this recipe quite often and it has become a favorite in our house for entertaining. Thanks again for the recipe.
Thanks for letting me know Velochic, it's a favorite here. Gald you enjoy it as well.
kadesma:)

This sounds really good. Are the onions to be cooked in oil, or will they cook okay without it?
I just put the onions in a pan with lid, and kinds of steam them with the juices the onion themselves make..Always use a low heat or I end up scorching them..A tiny piece of butter to slick up the pan is helpful but not necessary.

Kadesma,
I made this last Friday and it was a HUGE hit. Very good recipe, thank you for sharing...

-Brad
Hi Brad,
Thanks for letting me know. I'm pleased you liked the recipe..It's a big favorite around here the little kids even like it.:LOL:

kadesma

Middie,
it makes a fantastic breakfast. I just love it with some bacon or pancetta,and a thick slice of toasted Italian bread...

My Fiancee and I make our own Onion Dip...very similar, but instead of sour cream, we use all cream cheese, thinned to the correct consistency with milk (or my favorite, buttermilk). It has a thicker consistency than sour cream, and less hazard of separation (I HATE when sour cream separates in a dip. The water rises to the top and blah!)
We also use some paprika.

My Fiancee and I make our own Onion Dip...very similar, but instead of sour cream, we use all cream cheese, thinned to the correct consistency with milk (or my favorite, buttermilk). It has a thicker consistency than sour cream, and less hazard of separation (I HATE when sour cream separates in a dip. The water rises to the top and blah!)
We also use some paprika.
Your recipe sounds pretty good, will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom