Roasted Red Pepper Spread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaim

Assistant Cook
Does anyone have a good recipe for a roasted red pepper spread. I had one from recpie source.com... . .but can't find it and am having trouble finding the website again!

Thanks!

roasted red pepper spread...

I have never made this but a quick search I found this recipe for you...
Roasted Red Pepper Spread
from Simple Vegetarian Pleasures by Jeanne Lemlin ©1998

1/2 cup roasted red peppers, store-bought or freshly roasted, patted very dry

1 small garlic clove, minced or put through a press

8 ounces Neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese), at room temperature

2 tablespoons lemon juice

salt to taste

2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley

1 teaspoon minced fresh basil, or 1/4 teaspoon dried

Process the peppers and garlic in a food processor just until very finely chopped.
Add the Neufchatel and lemon juice and process just until smooth. Scrape the mixture into a bowl, then stir in the salt, parsley and basil. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Serve with cucumber rounds or crostini.

Note: Lemlin suggests piping spread onto cucumber rounds: Place spread in a pastry bag with a large star tube. Keeping the skin on, slice an English cucumber into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Pat them dry with paper towels. Pipe a thick row of the spread on each slice. Garnish the top of the row with a parsley leaf.

Here's a good one:

ROASTED PEPPER DIP

2 large red or yellow bell peppers
2-3 jalapenos
1 small onion, quartered
3-4 cloves garlic
8 ounce package light cream cheese (don’t use fat-free)
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (or to taste)
coarse salt
fresh ground black pepper

PLACE peppers, onion, and garlic on a foil-lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with oil. Bake at 450 F for approximately 20 minutes or until peppers are blistered, turning peppers as needed.
PLACE peppers in a small paper or plastic zip-top bag; seal and let stand 15 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; remove seeds. Puree peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro, and cream cheese in food processor. Season with coarse salt & fresh ground pepper to taste. Serve with an assortment of raw veggies.

Makes about 8 servings

Source: CindyMac

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom