Sausage Won Tons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bertjo44

Assistant Cook
This isn't groundbreaking as they are fairly simple to make (though a little time consuming to wrap each one) but this is my favorite recipe. Of course there are many variations but when I first made them it was an idea all of my own. I actually won a $300 IPOD about 5 years ago by making these for a Superbowl Cooking Contest for a local radio show (IPODS were pretty new at that time).

Brown and crumble 1 lb of your favorite breakfast sausage. Remove sausage and saute 1 small to medium onion in the drippings. Mix sausage, onion and 1 block of softened cream cheese. Place about 1 tbsp on a Won Ton wrapper, moisten two edge with water, fold and seal. Deep fry for approximately 5 mins until golden brown. Serve with you choice of dipping sauce. I usually use a sweet & sour sauce but honey mustard or ranch work also. Won Tons wrappers typically come in packs of 40 or 50. I used to buy them at the local Asian market but now Walmart even carries them. I usually double this recipe and make around 80 won tons.

This will be the 8th or 9th year I have served these at my Superbowl Party. I wasn't going to make them a couple of years ago but everyone demanded them. I have served them at several other occasions as well. The only variation I have done is adding some shredded cheddar to the mixture. I may add some Jalapeno Jelly this year. Hope you enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom