Can I freeze this sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snickerdoodle

Senior Cook
I made a peaches and cream sauce to go over the pork chops a couple nights ago and it yielded more sauce than I could use. It's a lovely sauce and don't want to waste it. The ingredients are heavy cream, canned peaches, onions, butter, sugar, salt, cornstarch and a little bit of water. I have a feeling this is a sauce that would NOT freeze well... wouldn't it break? I suppose if I can't freeze it I'll just take a spoon to it later tonight :LOL: It's so good!

Yes it will separate when frozen, but unknown whether it would recombine once thawed. I kind of doubt it, but if you plan on making this again at some future time it would not hurt to try freezing some and see how it fairs. At least then you would know for sure.

Perhaps you could put a little into ice cube trays? Such small quantities may not split.

Perhaps you can rescue a split cream sauce with a light sprinkling of plain flower and pulse, gingerly, in a food processor. It might work. Once when I was making a cream brulee and it split, I sievved a little flour into the mixture and with a wire whisk, restored the cream to its normal consistency.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom