Clarified butter in hollandaise sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seven S and Chef Jimmy both nailed it. Unclarified butter is fine for home use and if you're going to use it right away. If you're going to hold it or store it then it's best to clarify it unless you know how to fix a broken egg liaison.

VeraBlue said:
I'm not a big fan of tomato juice...I see the bloody mary as a vehicle for vodka.

Use a good quality tomato juice, and an even better vodka. Cheap vodka will just give you a headache. I also like mine spicy...so the lime is a nice cut in the bloody mary, as well.

I like a bloody mary with spicy V-8 juice and extra tabasco.

VeraBlue said:
philso said:
I'm in northern New Jersey....if you start out now, I'll have breakfast waiting for you in 24 hours!

thanks for the invite! unfortunately, it takes about 24 hours door-to-door from my home here in japan to my home in r.i. and besides, i'm kind of busy at the moment. but i just might take you up on that someday!

more immediately, there's a place about an hour and a half away that i found "chorizo" twice about a year or two ago, but not since. pitiful little hotdog-sized things, but they tasted ok. i think i'll mount a little expedition this weekend and see what luck turns up.
icon12.gif

I was just wondering if clarifying it made a difference in taste or texture, since I had never made hollandaise before. I didn't clarify it, and it tasted fine. Thanks for all the replies.

Back
Top Bottom