Cooking w/Cognac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. I'm not a brandy or cognac fan except for cooking, where only a very small amount is ever called for, so the finer points of a good one are completely lost on me. I always buy for price & have never been disappointed in the finished product.

In fact, with the cooler evenings we've begun having here, I just picked up a small bottle (375 ML - about a pint I guess) the other day for Julia Child's recipe for Onion Soup Gratinee, which I hope to make one night soon for dinner. The bottle I have says "ANSAC" - "Product of France, Cognac V.S., Produced and Bottled Ansac, Jonzac, France". I've bought it before & it's quite flavorful to cook with; no funny aftertaste or anything. Cost $9 & change before tax.

Last edited:
Cheapo. A $10-15 bottle will be fine. I keep one next to my cooking oils along with brandy and sake.

img_490871_0_b5de7522ee52ee1f5bb9b3a831312150.jpg

LOL!!! I edited my post to add the brand I use before seeing your pic Jeekinz. Glad to see someone else likes Ansac as well. : )

Believe it or not, someone gave me a bottle of Courvoisier that I used up all on mushroom dishes and sauces. I'll have a cognac maybe once a year, but a cognac sauce 4 times a month. lol

Back
Top Bottom