Garlic Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This sauce can be served with grilled fish, chicken or meat of choice...You will need 2 cloves of garlic,2-3 slices of Italian bread with crusts cut off,1/2 cup toasted walnuts, salt and pepper. Put into f/p process till finely chopped. While f/p is running slowly add in 1-cup evoo process till thick and smooth. Let stand at room temp about 1 hour before serving. I like this over linguine as well as the meats or fish.
enjoy
kades

It is all the preservatives in the white bread?
Well, preservatives aren't good. You can get white bread without preservatives. It's the fact that all the food (fibre and germ) has been removed. What you are left with is just the farina and I think of that as glue. :LOL:

This sauce can be served with grilled fish, chicken or meat of choice...You will need 2 cloves of garlic,2-3 slices of Italian bread with crusts cut off,1/2 cup toasted walnuts, salt and pepper. Put into f/p process till finely chopped. While f/p is running slowly add in 1-cup evoo process till thick and smooth. Let stand at room temp about 1 hour before serving. I like this over linguine as well as the meats or fish.
enjoy
kades

Thanks, Ma. I have some salmon and fresh spinach that this will be wonderful on.

Thanks, I like the over pasta option too.

Am I the only one who has not heard of a sauce like this before?
I was going to say that I had never heard of sauce like this, using bread, but then I remembered taramosalata, which uses bread or potato. That has to be my favourite way to eat fish roe.

I'd never heard of it either Beth. I think the bread in the sauce would be good for my carb fix.

I'd never heard of it either Beth. I think the bread in the sauce would be good for my carb fix.
You Me and carbs :LOL:I love this guess it must be the garlic :LOL:
I was going to say that I had never heard of sauce like this, using bread, but then I remembered taramosalata, which uses bread or potato. That has to be my favourite way to eat fish roe.
Glad you mentioned use of potatoes good idea.

Thanks, I like the over pasta option too.
Glad someone likes what I do Beth. I'm so glad to see you here hope you get a chance to try the recipe.
Am I the only one who has not heard of a sauce like this before?

Thanks, Ma. I have some salmon and fresh spinach that this will be wonderful on.
Great PF let me know how it pairs up.
ma

It was great, Ma! Had it for lunch today. Chunked the cooked sockeye salmon over the spinach with slices of tomato, Vidalia onion and red peppers. Topped with about 2 tablespoons of the sauce, it was fantastic. I used whole grain white bread and didn't feel cheated without pasta.

I just had some of the garlic sauce drizzled over fresh tomatoes and crackers. I made the sauce with whole wheat bread and it turned out great.

It was great, Ma! Had it for lunch today. Chunked the cooked sockeye salmon over the spinach with slices of tomato, Vidalia onion and red peppers. Topped with about 2 tablespoons of the sauce, it was fantastic. I used whole grain white bread and didn't feel cheated without pasta.
I don't feel cheated with this sauce either.Thanks for letting me know. hugs,
ma
I just had some of the garlic sauce drizzled over fresh tomatoes and crackers. I made the sauce with whole wheat bread and it turned out great.
Tomatoes and crackers? that sounds so good I just picked an Armenian cuke and will add it to some of my tomatoes thanks for a new idea.
kades

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna try this one. :yum:

But I need to get garlic. For some reason I've run out. :mad:

kadesma. I really need to come over and enjoy all the wonderful things your kitchen produces. :yum:

Mine just doesn't look like it will ever measure up to the creativity. :(

But I am trying. :mrgreen:

Thanks. :)

Gonna try this one. :yum:

But I need to get garlic. For some reason I've run out. :mad:

kadesma. I really need to come over and enjoy all the wonderful things your kitchen produces. :yum:

Mine just doesn't look like it will ever measure up to the creativity. :(

But I am trying. :mrgreen:

Thanks. :)
I'd love to have you come join me in the kitchen what fun that would be.Keep working at your cooking soon you will find yourself creating all kinds of great things. I look forward to hearing of your goodies. Do you prefer baking or cooking?
kades

Back
Top Bottom