Hector's Curry Habanero Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spryte

Senior Cook
Hector's Curry Habanero Sauce

one head garlic
six dried chipotles
4 habaneros (fresh off the bush)
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick of butter
tequila

boil some water, then turn it to low and add the chipotles, about 45 min.

Meanwhile, get your head of garlic and mince it all.

Once the chipotles are soft, sautee the garlic in a saucepan with a tablespoon of the butter until it turns brown. Deglaze with saucepan with a splash of tequila, and turn the heat to low. Put in the rest of the butter and let it melt.

Meanwhile, chop up all the peppers.

Add the peppers, honey, mustard and spices, and simmer for 10 minutes.

Pour over fried chicken wings.

hector

HOLY COW!! This sounds soooo delish! I just stumbled upon this post and I can't believe no one ever commented on it. I showed it to BF and his eyes got HUGE:w00t2: when he saw the amazing ingredient list.

We are going to make this right away. I have Vindaloo powder, hot madras powder, or sweet curry powder. Should I use the hot here?

Thanks!

I didn't have any hot curry powder at the time... but if your habs are anywhere near as hot as ours, regular is fine! This is one of my favorite sauces that he makes... there's another one he makes that I LOVE LOVE LOVE with pork or steak... I think it's a mango/habanero sauce. I'll have to go find it.

Thank you, Spryte! If you look west and see smoke coming from Steubenville, you will know I made your sauce. I just bought some wings today so I know what dinner will be tomorrow...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom