Hot Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Today I made 4 cases of hot sauce.
img_1443846_0_075a77dd0fc6f2d421b1241e623f9d20.jpg

Looks very professional......nicely done!!

Last time I made habanero sauce I thought I accidentally killed myself. I grabbed a paper towel that had hab oil on it to wipe my nose.......bad idea. Run to sink and splash water on my upper lip and nose......another bad idea. Hab oil on hands took my breath away.......couldn't breathe for coughing. Never did that again.

No need to discuss the time I was seeding/dicing Jalapenos for chili and didn't wash my hands before going to the bathroom. That was also a 'one time' occurrence.....

Well, you could use gloves...

I wash my hands with white vinegar to neutralize the capsaisin then wash with soap and water. Seems to work.

I'll have to try the vinegar before using dish soap to wash my hands. I've never gotten used to wearing gloves except for heavy work or winter weather. My son always uses gloves for hot peppers......must be smarter than dad.....:)

No peppers this year......wildlife problem in the garden took care of everything.....:(

I try to minimize contact while coring and chopping peppers (mostly just the left hand), then I wash immediately and thoroughly (think like a surgeon scrubbing up) when I've finished. I just use the softsoap that we keep by the kitchen sink and it seems to work okay for me.

I think most of us make that mistake once...

But only once.......:ohmy:

I try to minimize contact while coring and chopping peppers (mostly just the left hand), then I wash immediately and thoroughly (think like a surgeon scrubbing up) when I've finished. I just use the softsoap that we keep by the kitchen sink and it seems to work okay for me.

I have a flat scrub brush......~ 2" X 4".....that I use on my hands after handling some foods. Anti-bacterial dish soap is what I most often use.

Not to detract from the subject matter.......that is a nice looking bottling job. The shrink wrap gives it the professional look.

Wow

The sauces look great. Can you tell me where I can get them in the UK?
Sorry if you have already Given this info somewhere.
We have some great chilli festivals here in East London.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom