I'm getting fond of fond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knight76

Senior Cook
So this site has a lot to answer for, I have only really been looking and learning on this site for maybe a week and already I have two kitchen items on my to buy list, one being a nice saute pan and another being a potato ricer. Now after reading the grill like a restaurant thread I gave it a shot and it worked out ok.

But, what to do with the fond left in the pan?

I am interested in making a nice reduction sauce that goes well with beef but the catch is I never cook with alcohol. So, what are the options. I really just don't use it as my father hit the turps pretty hard when I was young and I sort of have an aversion to it.

I tried searching for reduction sauces in the search funtion but could not find many threads dedicated to reduction sauces.

Can anyone offer up a nice recipe to try?

broth and a bit of dijon mustard for beef and pork, broth and fresh squeezed lemon for chicken...instant flour like Wondra is a great quick thickener for pan sauces if needed.

Balsamic vinegar might be a nice addition for a bit of acid.

You don't need alcohol to do the "fond" thing, knight. You can use a broth that is compatible with the dish you are preparing. Or apple juice can be substituted for some wines. This is just a brief bit of information. Other answers are sure to follow. Keep the faith.

Back
Top Bottom