Impromptu Red Pizza Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
We had grilled pizza this past Sunday. Two of them didn't use red sauce. The other was going to be pepperoni, but we realized we hadn't taken any red sauce out of the freezer and it was time to assemble!:ohmy: So I just threw some "raw" ingredients together and it came out pretty good.

1 Cup ketchup
3 Tbsp tomato paste
garlic powder
onion powder
red pepper flakes
dried oregano

water to thin

I eyeballed the last 4 ingredients to my taste. Just mixed everthing together and thinned with water as needed.

Last edited:
Good idea, it worked!

Sidenote, I recall many years ago making drinks for a get together my parents had with a few friends. They were all drinking Bloody Marys, and we ran out of tomato juice. I got out the ketchup, diluted and doctored it up, it actually made a passable Bloody Mary!

Sounds sweet. I would have microwaved some sauce from the freezer and used that.

I like my pizza sauce a little on the sweet side with plenty of red pepper flakes to give it a sweet-hot kick!;)

My mom used tomato sauce small can plus majoram,onion and garlic granuals oregano mix well then simmer til well blended and warm. put on pizza crust cover with you veggies and meat. bake and enjoy no need for ketchup even the tomato in a tube works for this. No sweetness.
kades

My mom used tomato sauce small can plus majoram,onion and garlic granuals oregano mix well then simmer til well blended and warm. put on pizza crust cover with you veggies and meat. bake and enjoy no need for ketchup even the tomato in a tube works for this. No sweetness.
kades

Kades, what do you mean when you say tomato sauce, as over here our tomato sauce is like our ketchup here

It is okay Kades, I have just looked it up and found out that your tomato sauce is our tomato puree/passata

Back
Top Bottom