ISO Bone sucking sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoubleBubba

Assistant Cook
Good Morning All!! During the holidays my brother went to N Carolina and brought back some of this sauce which we had on baby back ribs. We all loved the sauce.

He went on the internet to see if he could find the recipe and he said he could only find where he could order some to purchase, I told him that I have FRIENDS in special places, I would see if you all could help. Hopefully ya'll won't make a liair out of ME!! :-}

I have had Bone Suckin' Sauce (well, I am from North Carolina) but I don't know if there is a clone recipe out on the www yet. I'm sure there are lots of recipes that would come close but no copykat recipe yet. Tell your brother that you have friends in very low places and they aren't worth the air they breath :mrgreen:

Maybe someone else will have a suggestion though.

Bone Suckin' Sauce Recipe

I live in good ol' nc and we buy bone suckin' sauce too, we love the stuff but I found a recipe that is pretty close, we've tried it and its darn good !!

Bone Suckin' Sauce
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 3/4 cup water, more if you want to
  • 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (more or less to taste)
  • 2 teaspoons dry mustard
  • 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons molasses
  • < 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.

Give it a try, its pretty close to the original.

I live in good ol' nc and we buy bone suckin' sauce too, we love the stuff but I found a recipe that is pretty close, we've tried it and its darn good !!

Bone Suckin' Sauce
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 3/4 cup water, more if you want to
  • 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (more or less to taste)
  • 2 teaspoons dry mustard
  • 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons molasses
  • < 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.

Give it a try, its pretty close to the original.

Now that sounds pretty darn good!

No cheese, now what's up with that ;) Made a batch for supper, going to introduce it to some chicken and see who clucks first, me, the mister or the chicken !! Just joined this community, think it will be a blast, I'm one of those scratch cooks, ya'll come !!

Back
Top Bottom