ISO recommendations on spaghetti/marinara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no interest in starting from scratch on a sphagetti sauce, I just need to add onion, mushroom and ground meat to a store bought bottle of sauce. To that end, does anyone have a reccomendation for the 'tartiest', tomato sharp bottled sauce with a strong marinara bite?
Buy a jar of plain Passata di Pomodoro, it should be just sieved toms.

San Marzano is a variety of tomato grown in Italy, not a brand of jarred sauce.

I make homemade sauce all the time both from my garden and from canned tomatoes but I also sometimes enhance jarred sauce. The latter is faster and easier.

Also, I use jarred sauce and not a can of chopped or pureed tomatoes for my fast and easy sauce because you need to simmer canned tomatoes fir quite awile to get rid of the canned taste.

San Marzano does has a jarred sauce. San Marzano Tomato Basil Sauce 26 oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

maybe simply roasting the sauce in the oven for 20-30 minutes would make it more flavorful?

This is interesting to me, in a deep pot at 350-400, uncovered?? Or shallow at a lower temp? The even oven temp would not overly concentrate the sugars but add a roasted flavor much like baked beans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom