ISO Sauce for Crab Cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm looking for a sauce to serve with crab cakes. We had crab cakes for dinner tonight and a really tasty and interesting sauce was missing to finish off the dish.

Any suggestions?

I would probably make a couple of different sauces--that way, you can try them and decide which one you like best for next time.

Andy M. said:
Good ideas, guys. Thanks.

This is is a good one: Ancho Chili Mayo
1 ancho chili
1 roasted red pepper
2 C mayonnaise
1 clove minced garlic
1 green onion, sliced
1 T. Lemon juice
1 T. Lemon juice
1/2 T. White wine vinegar
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp paprika
1 pinch white pepper
Steep the chili in hot water for about 30 min. Blend the chili and roasted red pepper in food processor until finely minced. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend. Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

I have a great sauce - unfortunately I don't have the recipe on hand.. but it involved mango and it was DELICIOUS. I'll grab it sometime today.

How about some homemade tartar sauce.We love it with any fried fish.Way better than anything jarred.

1/2 cup mayo
1 tbs sweet pickle relish with some juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
Salt and pepper and a littlle paprika
Stir and add more pickle juice if needed to thin.

You can also play with some fresh herbs to tweek it for the crab cakes. Dill or tarragon work nice.

This is my favorite:
Chardonnay Cream Sauce
1 3/4 cups Chardonnay or other dry white wine
1/3 cup chopped shallots
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper
Boil wine with garlic and shallots in heavy saucepan until mixture is reduced to ½ cup (about 15 minutes). Add cream and continue to cook until liquid is reduced to sauce consistency (about 10 minutes). Whisk in softened butter and season with salt and pepper.

Do you have a recipe?

This is SUPPOSEDLY Joe Stone Crabs recipe that the Miami Herald printed many years ago.

1 cup mayo (we just use Kraft regular)
2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp regular A-1 sauce
2 tbsp heavy cream
2 tbsp milk
3 tbsp Coleman's dry mustard (use Coleman's, it doesn't taste right otherwise)
pinch of salt

Place dry mustard and salt in a small bowl than add cream and stir until dissolved, add other liquid ingredients (except milk), mix well, stir in mayo. If it's too thick, add the milk, you can use more or less depending on how thick you want it. Cover and chill for at least an hour so flavors can meld.

BTW, Craig's brother LOVED this on pretzels.

Karen

How about some homemade tartar sauce.We love it with any fried fish.Way better than anything jarred.

1/2 cup mayo
1 tbs sweet pickle relish with some juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
Salt and pepper and a littlle paprika
Stir and add more pickle juice if needed to thin.

You can also play with some fresh herbs to tweek it for the crab cakes. Dill or tarragon work nice.

I like to add minced onion and capers to that tartar sauce.

I leave out the sugar and use chopped pickle instead of the pickle relish, but I'm weird and I don't like sweet with my savoury.

Back
Top Bottom