Looking for a non-tomato pasta sauce...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I have some left over angel hair pasta to use up and I'm tired of a tomato based sauce....

Any suggestions?

:) A good amount of good olive oil ,fresh garlic,and fresh grated romano or parmesan,fresh parsley, salt and fresh ground pepper maybe a tiny sprinkle of red pepper flakes.

extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, fresh mushrooms and peas sauteed in the oil and garlic, top with grated parmesan cheese. hot chili flakes if you like some heat.

to all the above add a dozen or two little neck clams and their broth from steaming, and maybe a touch of white wine sauteed in there too.

:) Or saute some onions and a few other tiny cut vegies like brocolli what ever you have, garlic, a tiny bit of italian herbs even some ham,add pasta and then add some whisked eggs and salt and fresh pepper, let set up like a Frittata or omelet add some cheese,melt and eat.

Have you any creamy cheese? Put it on fire with just a drop of milk. If cheese is sweet, you can add some pepper. If it's something like Gorgonzola, not.

Another interesting one is this:
Brown some bacon in oil, together with some sliced onions, till they are white-brown. Add some tuna (can) and, if you like, some peas. Salt, pepper and parsley.

It all sounds SOO good!

I'm off work early to hurry up and drive out of town for a wedding so I just threw some basil, parsley, salt, pepper, butter (out of evoo), motz and parm on it, nuked it and scarfed it. Was good!

Back
Top Bottom