Mustard dill sauce/powdered mustard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saskatchewan, Canada is the largest exporter of mustard in the world. Over 3000 farmers in Saskatchewan grow mustard. The other huge crop is lentils.

I'm the one that came up with the term "Nordic" when I suggested Eric use that type of sauce instead of a tartar sauce in the thread where this was first discussed. I actually was thinking more along the lines of a creamy dill sauce since he had originally asked for a tartar sauce recipe.

But, Eric, if you do decide to go with a mustard based sauce using dry mustard, I'd definitely agree with those recommending Coleman's. The sauce we make to go with stone crab claws calls for Coleman's. We've made it with McCormick dry mustard when we couldn't find Coleman's once and it wasn't anywhere near the same. Coleman's is definitely the best.

I was always asked how I spelled my last name because many Swedish parents wouldn't let their kids play with Norwegian children ...

I am a Swede, I eat lingon like most of you eat ketchup but I draw the line at salmon. No, no never, that in my world clashes.

Back
Top Bottom