Need a Creole Butter Sauce Recipe to go with Pasta Jambalaya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jet731pm

Assistant Cook
Hi, I have a recipe for pasta jambalaya and it says I need creole butter sauce. It gives all of the ingrediants, but doesn't give amounts. Can anyone fill them in for me or give me another recipe for the creole butter sauce to use instead? Thanks in advance. Here is the recipe I have:

[font=&quot]RAINFOREST CAFE MAYA PASTALAYA[/font][font=&quot]

Linguine noodles, cooked and drained
2 ounces chicken tenders, cubed
20 medium shrimp, tails removed
2 ounces cooked andouille sausage, sliced
2 ounces green bell peppers, diced
2 ounces red onions, sliced
2 ounces Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup chopped green onions
Cajun seasoning
Seafood stock
CREOLE BUTTER SAUCE:
1/2 cup butter, softened
Worcestershire sauce
Minced garlic
Cayenne pepper
Black pepper
Thyme
Oregano
Kosher salt
Red pepper flakes

[/font] Place Worcestershire in blender and add remaining ingredients, except butter, for Creole Butter Sauce. Whip on low until combined. Add softened butter and mix for 2 minutes. Melt the Creole butter in a saute pan and cook until browned. Add chicken and cook until 1/4 done.

Add the shrimp. Cook until 1/2 done. Add the vegetables and the sausage.

Ladle in seafood stock around the outside of the pan avoiding washing the spices off the chicken and shrimp. Cook until heated through. Place in bowl, toss with linguine, and sprinkle with tomatoes and green onions. Dust with Cajun seasoning to taste.

For 1/2 cup butter, I"d use maybe 2 tablespoons W-shire sauce; maybe 2 cloves of minced garlic; cayenne and black pepper are up to you - depending on how much heat you want; thyme, maybe 1 tsp., same w/oregano; salt, 1 tsp., and the red pepper flakes as above.

Save yourself the blender step; just melt everything together in a saucepan, and use a whisk to bring it all together.

Sounds good!

I dare say that for 1/2 a cup of butter 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce could be too overpowering. I would add less than that and see how it goes, then add a little more etc.

Same goes for the rest of the ingredients for the butter sauce.

Creole food packs a pretty big punch - look at the other ingredients the sauce is going to go around with. I've got similar recipes that use those quantities - JMHO! And a starting point.

Jet, just curious - where did you get this recipe? Odd that it doesn't list amounts for the sauce.

About 10 years ago I worked at Rainforest Cafe, the Pasta Jambalaya was my favorite item on the menu. Unfortunately, I didn't write the ingrediants down when I had the chance. So, I simply did a yahoo and google search for the recipe. This recipe is distributed around the Internet and none of the recipes I came across had the ingrediants. I lived on jambalaya while going to grad school, but haven't had it in years. The pasta jambalaya is the best jambalaya I have ever had. I would highly recommend trying it if you ever get out to a rainforest cafe.

This recipe appears to be the only one available. All the websites I checked had this recipe.

I'd go with Marm's suggestions for the quantities except I'd start with 1 Tb. of Worcestershire Sauce, it's pretty potent.

Have you tried contacting Rainforest Cafe and asking them for the recipe? Sometimes they'll send it to you as a customer relations move. It's worked for me (at different restaurtants).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom