Need sauce suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TLaude

Assistant Cook
I am going to make some stuffed chicken breasts this week, and need a sauce to go with it.

All that is involved with this will be some sauteed onions and mushrooms stuffed inside a chicken breast served with a side of asparagus.

I'm having troubles thinking of a good sauce that I could put over the top of this meal.

Any advice?

What about a nice Chasseur (Hunter's) sauce? You should ideally have your own stock but you can use canned broth if it's low sodium.

Reduce the stock until it's thick and dark. (If it gets too thick, add some water or better yet, a touch of white wine). Add in caramelized onions with fried mushrooms and a diced tomato. (Concasse the tomato and remove the pulp and seeds - dice the remainder). Season with salt and pepper. For extra richness, add some butter.

I am going to make some stuffed chicken breasts this week, and need a sauce to go with it.

All that is involved with this will be some sauteed onions and mushrooms stuffed inside a chicken breast served with a side of asparagus.

I'm having troubles thinking of a good sauce that I could put over the top of this meal.

Any advice?

This might sound rather cliche'd but what about a nice homemade tomato sauce but add a good pinch of cayenne pepper to jazz it up? With such a glut of tomatoes at this time of the year, the tomatoes would be heavily sweet, juicy and beautifully ripe - perfect for a good sauce which you can simmer to the thickness you desire. It would look lovely and contrasty next the the green asparagus. Yum asparagus! :)

I suggest you could make the sauce like for pizza. A glug of olive oil, a crushed garlic clove(fish it out later) to infuse into the oil on a med-to-low heat. Add a kilo of fresh chopped tomatoes and simmer. When its done, mush the lot with a multipractic (if you have one). Keeping the skins on the tomatoes adds exttra colour, and extra goodness because tomato skins have healthy lipocine.

A lemon/white wine/butter sauce with or without sauteed garlic, with some chicken broth added, plus some herbs and spices.

An apple cider/garlic/shallot sauce (can omit shallots, since you already have onions). Saute garlic and shallots (optional), reduce apple cider in half, add spices, etc., mix together.

Last edited:
If you love wine, then I can't help you. The post just above me will do nicely. Another light sauce would be a compound butter made with salted butter, a bit of rubbed sage, with black pepper, and crushed garlic. The butter must be soft enough to work with.

Another option might be a veloute'. This is one of the mother sauces and is very good with chicken. Most people in the U.S. would simply call this - chicken gravy.:chef:
Ingredients:
2 cups chicken stock
w tbs. butter
2 tbs all-purpose flour
2 tbs. light cream
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Place the butter in a sauce pan and melt over medium heat. Stir in the flour to make a roux. Cook until blonde (very lightly browned). Slowly whisk in the chicken stock or broth to make a smooth sauce. Stir in the cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.

To turn this into Sauce Supreme, add white whine and shallots.

These are classic sauces that go very well with chicken, especially roasted chicken.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

If you are stuffing it with mushrooms, I'd say make some kind of wine mushroom sauce to go alone with it. I'd chop mushrooms really-really small.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom