Portabello Mushroom Sauce....need recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I love this stuff...........I had it on a Steak at Smokin Bones.

I'm thinking of attempting this at home but need some guidance. Tell me what you think.

If I took.... say a Filet Mignon and encrusted one side with Freshly Coarse Cracked Black Pepper and Kosher Salt and pan seared it in EVOO with a touch of butter. I'd brown both sides and finish it in the oven. I'd remove the steaks and add a little more EVOO and butter and add the sliced mushrooms cooking them till tender then adding beef broth and red wine and cooking for a few minutes to cook out the alcohol....then adding a pat of butter at the very end. Serve the steak with the sauce over top.

What kind of red wine would I use....a dry or a Marsala or ???.....I haven't cooked a lot with red wine.

Id' add some shallots with the mushrooms then add tehwine and reduce before adding the broth and reducing.

If you are having a wine with the steak, a hearty red is the usual choice. Cabernet Sauvignon or Zinfandel will work.

If you're not having wine with dinner, any dry red will work. Marsala is also a good choice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom