Salsa-I added another ingredient to it and made it even better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy

Senior Cook
Salsa:

6 lbs. Roma (Plum) tomatoes
1/4 lb. Roma (Plum) tomatoes, chopped-I used 6 tomatoes
3 bunches of garlic-not individual cloves
1/4 cup real lemon juice-2 lemons
1-1/2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
Green onions-Alot of them
12 fresh jalapeno peppers

Use your food processor with the "S" blade to chop up the following. Put them in seperate bowls in the refrigerator when you get done doing each one.

Chop the 6 Roma Plum tomatoes by hand. Put in the refrigerator.

Chop using the food processor:

Green onions
3 whole bunches of garlic

Take 12 fresh jalapenos and cut off the stems. Take a knife and cut down the middle and remove the seeds.

Chop the jalapenos in the food processor.

Squeeze the 2 lemons to make lemon juice.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Briefly put in the 6 lbs. of tomatoes. Keep the tomatoes in the pot just until the tomatoe skins start to loosen and set color. Drain the tomatoes and put them in the food processor and cursh them using the "S" blade.

Using the same pot as you used to boil the tomatoes in, mix the 6 chopped tomatoes that you chopped by hand, the 6 lbs. crushed tomatoes, juice from 2 lemons, 1-1/2 tablespoons salt, 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper, chopped green onions, chopped jalapeno peppers, chopped garlic and 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin. Bring this to a boil and continue boilng until the vegetables are soft and mixture has reached desired consistency. Remove from heat, put in container and refrigerate.

Last edited:
You can add cilantro to it..we don't care for it...so please add it if you want to.

Last time I made salsa, it turned out a little too hot for us, so I dumped in a can of whole kernel corn, and it was delicious!

Back
Top Bottom