Southwestern Ranch? (Buffalo Wild Wings)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msop2001

Assistant Cook
Does anyone know how to make something similar to the Southwestern Ranch sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings? My girlfriend loves it, but they don't sell it bottled and I can't find a similar salad dressing or sauce anywhere!

Thanks!

Edit: I put it in the Sauces category because that's generally what it's used for. I don't think it'd be good as a salad dressing...

Last edited:
shpj4 said:
Southwestern Ranch (Buffalo Wild Wings) sounds good but I do not a clue how to make it.
Not quite sre the tase it had, but how about,put some pkg'd ranch dressing mix , your favorite hot sauce -(mine is Texas Pete),and melted butter, blend in blender well. sounds good to me! lol Let me know if you find a recipe - Son would love it !

That's a good idea. It's not spicy at all, though. That's why she likes it. I might try mixing in some sweet barbecue sauce or something instead. Thanks for your help! Let me know if anyone knows for sure, or has another idea.

Todd Wilbur has hacked the recipe. But it will cost you 79 cents to read it. As I haven't bought that recipe, I can't say that the sauces he covers include the specific sauce you want. I also can't directly link to the recipe, but here's how to get to it and buy it.

Go to www.topsecretrecipes.com

From the navigation menu on the left, click Recipes

You now have a choice. Either select Buffalo Wild Wings from the brand drop down list or type it into the search field.

Now click the recipe you want to look at. These are taste clones, not necessarily how they are made originally.

You'll have to agree to a user license. Basically to repsect his copyright, not share the recipes and so on.

After that, you should see the recipe and the reviews and tweaks of others who have made that recipe.

Good luck

thymeless

msop2001 said:
That's a good idea. It's not spicy at all, though. That's why she likes it. I might try mixing in some sweet barbecue sauce or something instead. Thanks for your help! Let me know if anyone knows for sure, or has another idea.
Lol sorryyyyy, with the name "Buffalo Wild Sauce" one would think spicy!

I checked out several websites, and Southwestern Ranch Sauce seems to be a mixture of equal parts Ranch Dressing and Salsa. One source called for using Honey Mustard BBQ sauce instead of the salsa.

thymeless said:
Todd Wilbur has hacked the recipe. But it will cost you 79 cents to read it. As I haven't bought that recipe, I can't say that the sauces he covers include the specific sauce you want. I also can't directly link to the recipe, but here's how to get to it and buy it.

Go to www.topsecretrecipes.com

From the navigation menu on the left, click Recipes

You now have a choice. Either select Buffalo Wild Wings from the brand drop down list or type it into the search field.

Now click the recipe you want to look at. These are taste clones, not necessarily how they are made originally.

You'll have to agree to a user license. Basically to repsect his copyright, not share the recipes and so on.

After that, you should see the recipe and the reviews and tweaks of others who have made that recipe.

Good luck

thymeless
The website requires flash which isn't on my work computer, I'll check it out at home. Thanks!

Constance said:
I checked out several websites, and Southwestern Ranch Sauce seems to be a mixture of equal parts Ranch Dressing and Salsa. One source called for using Honey Mustard BBQ sauce instead of the salsa.
Hmm, that actually sounds closer to the taste I'm looking for than barbecue sauce. I think I'll try both.

Southwestern Ranch

I don't know the real recipe either. But what I've done before was get an electronic food chopper/processor (like those little small black and decker ones in walmart for $10)...

Pour in desired amount of ranch dressing (i prefer ken's)... Then add in some onion and green chilis to your discretion. You can usually find a small can of green chilis in the area where taco stuff is in the grocery store). I also add in some Red Hot buffalo wing sauce. Its not tabasco, but adds a great flavor to the sauce. Then just mix/chop for a few seconds.

I was able to get one of the Buffalo Wild Wings waitresses to bring me out a gallon of their Southwest Dressing. They were willing to sell it to me for about $25. I snapped a photo of the ingredients...I'll list them here:

Actual Ingredients (1 gallon / 3.48 L):
Soybean Oil
Cultured Buttermilk
Water
Distilled Vinegar
Salt
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Cayenne Red Pepper
Chili Peppers
Egg Yolk
Garlic juice
Monosodium glumate
Onion*
Chipolte peppers
Natural flavors (including Smoke Flavor)
Xanthan Gum
Polysorbate 60
Spices
Sodium Benzoate (added as Preservative)
Jalapeno peppers*
Lactc Acid
Garlic
Calcium Disodium Edta (added to protect flavor)
Whey Protein Concentrate

*Dehydrated

Back
Top Bottom