Strawberry syrup/topping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
So i have to cook crepes for about 30 people tonight and i want a dang good easy strawberry topping. I have frozen strawberries, sugar and water. what else could i add to make it better. the crepes will be stuffed with a homemade cheesecake filling served warm.

i owe you guys one BIG time.

yeah i was thinkin of garnishing it with something nice. Is sugar cinnamon the same as cinnamon and sugar that you mix together.

yeah i was thinkin of garnishing it with something nice. Is sugar cinnamon the same as cinnamon and sugar that you mix together.
Yep it is make a trial one I think you will really like it as it adds another subtle level of flavor.

Yep it is make a trial one I think you will really like it as it adds another subtle level of flavor.
LOL, oh ok. i was wonderin if it was something else. Ok i will make the sauce and cinnamon and sugar mix and add fresh mint leaves to the top or let them do that.

This is one I use from time to time:

Dessert Strawberry Sauce

2 cups of strawberries
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1/2 cup sugar (or 1/4 cup honey, if preferred)
1/2 cup dry red wine

Blend all ingredients together in blender. Chill overnight.

This was originally entitled "Scrumptious Strawberry Soup" on a disk of Asian recipes that came with my first computer way back in the 80's. In that version, a cup of strawberry halves is used as garnish for the soup over four plates. The general concensus of that recipe though was it was just too much (flavour, richness, volume, etc) for a dish on its own, hence the relabelling. We found that it was best served over icecream or over a delicate piece of plain sponge.

This is one I use from time to time:

Dessert Strawberry Sauce

2 cups of strawberries
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1/2 cup sugar (or 1/4 cup honey, if preferred)
1/2 cup dry red wine

Blend all ingredients together in blender. Chill overnight.

This was originally entitled "Scrumptious Strawberry Soup" on a disk of Asian recipes that came with my first computer way back in the 80's. In that version, a cup of strawberry halves is used as garnish for the soup over four plates. The general concensus of that recipe though was it was just too much (flavour, richness, volume, etc) for a dish on its own, hence the relabelling. We found that it was best served over icecream or over a delicate piece of plain sponge.

im gonna try that but instead of yogurt im gonna use whipping cream

;)Just politely wondering why you would want to cover a cream based filled crepe with something else with cream or yogurt in it?

;)Just politely wondering why you would want to cover a cream based filled crepe with something else with cream or yogurt in it?
lol dont know but it sounds good. i have these every few months and the regular strawberry with sugar water mix is gettin old. need something new i guess.

Don't know about with cream but the yoghurt thins right down with the red wine and the juice from the strawberries, so it is still rather runny. It doesn't come over like a yoghurt.

Don't know about with cream but the yoghurt thins right down with the red wine and the juice from the strawberries, so it is still rather runny. It doesn't come over like a yoghurt.

LOL. ok so i made this stuff but kinda not. I added strawberry jam to the strawberries and i also added whipping cream. No wine then added more strawberries. i crushed the first pack and i sliced the second pack of berries in half. turned out pretty good. every body loved em.

You're like me - start with a recipe and then create your own!! Good on you! Glad it inspired.

Thanx. Ill post what i made last night for dinner. It was supper good. Ill supply the recipe and all in the pork section

Back
Top Bottom