Tyson Chicken Enchillada Cheese Sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElmoTheDestroyer

Assistant Cook
I recently tried Tyson's new Chicken Enchilladas...They come in a bag... 7 Tortillas, a bag of precooked diced chicken, and 2 packages of cheese sauce... a "chipotle" cheese sauce to mix with the chicken for the enchillada filling, and a "sour cream" cheese sauce for the topping...

I'm sure their super unhealthy, but their really yummy :) ... My question is... If any of you have tried it, do you have any idea how I could copy one, or both of the cheese sauces?

I'd love to make my own copy-kat Enchilladas, using better quality chicken, and maybe save a few bucks in the process. :)

Any info you can share will be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!
--ElmoTheDestroyer
PS - If you haven't tried them, give'm a shot if you can find'm... Their yummy :)

I've never tried the product you are talking so I can't comment on that but I do make an enchilada casserole quite often. The recipe was originally my mom's but I've tweaked it a bit as we tend to like our stuff a bit spicer than they do. It's a nice lasagna style enchilda dish so easier and quicker than the rolling ones to make, imho.

The original recipe...
3 C cooked chicken - shredded or cubed (rotisserie chickens work really good or canned in a pinch)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small bunch green onions
1 can green chiles
1 - 1 1/2 C mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1 pkg, 6" tortilla shells

Mix chicken, cream of chick soup, sour cream, onions and chiles together. In a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan, layer the tortilla shells and spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture over them. Place another layer of tortilla shells on top and another 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Make one more layer of shells and chicken mixture and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top. Bake at 350 for 40 - 45 minutes.

Additions / Modifications ...
I saute a medium sweet onion (regular yellow would work as well) and then combine the other layering stuff in the pan. To the mixture, I also add 2 chopped chipotle peppers and a scoop of adobo sauce, along with the green chiles. Finally, I use 1/2 mozzarella and 1/2 cheddar to cover the dish rather than all mozzarella.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
hmm... That enchilada casserole somes good and easy... Gunna have to try it soon! Thanks!

--ElmoTheDestroyer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom