What Bar B Que Sauce Do You Buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
OR HOW DO YOU MAKE YOURS?
usually I buy bullseye, but i also make mine somtimes, I use catsup,mustard,brown sugar,garlic,and honey...:chef:

It depends on what I'm using it for. I make my own sauce, and keep a jar on hand in the refrigerator. But I also keep Maull's around for BBQ sandwiches.

Here's my BBQ sauce recipe...everyone says it's the best. Maybe they're just being nice, but I like it too.

BBQ Sauce:
1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
3 tbl soy sauce
2 tsp ground ginger (or fresh or jarred)
1 tsp granulated garlic (or fresh or jarred)
1/2 tsp Tobasco sauce (or to taste)

Combine ingredients in saucepan. Cook and stir till sugar is dissolved.

i usualy make my own...but im an absolute sucker for "Famous Rays - Devils Spit" sauce!!

Here's the recipe I use. The Bite Me hot sauce is made with habaneros and roasted garlic and has a smokey taste.

Barbecue Sauce

1 C Cider Vinegar
1 C Ketchup
1/2 C Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tb Yellow Mustard
1 TB Molasses
1 tsp Salt

1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 TB Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 TB Bite Me Hot Sauce

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Love Sweet Baby Rays. Also, Emeril's Chipotle BBQ sauce is really really good.

And, on rare occasions, I use Open Pit - only on chicken, and only when I'm grilling. Actually, what's good is: soaking the chicken in hot sauce (I usually use Frank's Red Hot) and then grilling it and using some Open Pit during the grilling.

I haven't tried to make my own sauce in years.

I usually keep a bottle of Bullseye Original in my house. Sometimes we use Sweet Baby Rays at work, and I like that.

Now that I've got a second refrigerator that doesn't have a lot of stuff in it, I'm thinking about buying a bottle of Cattlemen's Texas Gold BBQ Sauce from work (1 gal bottle), and using this this summer when I start smoking pork butts again.

Cattleman's here. Like the original, haven't tried the others yet.

It'll be easier now though, since they now have it packaged for retail sale and you can find it at the grocery store instead of just Sam's Club or GFS.

Also have at the house

Open Pit, and about 3 types of Sweet Baby Ray's, plus some others I can't think of off-hand. I always seem to pick up a bottle or two around Christmas and birthdays from friends and family who know I like to try different BBQ sauces.

John

Back
Top Bottom