Who's got a great bbq sauce recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's mine..........

img_1429329_0_81254d2bfedfb50c70e28b9fd9167997.jpg

My hubby loves harvester's and smith and western's bbq sauce (they are very similar) and no matter what what i cant seem to find a recipe that is similar in taste to theirs, has anyone know of any bbq sauce recipes that is?

I made this BBQ Sauce yesterday for a party I am having Monday. It came from someone on DC..I think he was called Goodweed of the North at the time. Here it is

12 ounces tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp. yellow mustard.

Combine all ingredients, and cook over medium heat stirring until the sugar has melted.Taste and adjust seasonings.
This can be doubled (I did that) . I've made it several times with my pulled pork. Always a hit.

Sunny Anderson made 1-2-3 bbq sauce on The Kitchen today. One cup brown sugar, two cups ketchup, and three shallots, minced. Cooked up with a lot of fresh ground black pepper. She used it on bbq shrimp.

I use Sweet Baby Rays. I use to make my own but this is the best and already made.

I use SBR's for one thing only. Stove top or oven braised turkey or pulled pork BBQ.

Tastes institutional to me. But its inexpensive at Costco for two big bottles.
I much rather use and do prefer my finishing sauce any day.
But when I'm making pulled pork as I did yesterday, I used 1/2 cup in the braising liquid and it comes out quite nice.
Of course it was loaded with onion and garlic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom