Who's got a great bbq sauce recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kitchen Chatters

Assistant Cook
Yesterday i made this bbq sauce recipe and it was pretty good but i have had better.

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/51226/a-very-popular-bbq-sauce/

Does anyone else have a killer recipe i can try?

Thanks

It just so happens that my first youtube video for Amoretti was my world famous barbecue sauce using Amoretti products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTithhQYkxE

Of course you can use equivalent products to replace the Amoretti products. It won't be the same, but it will still be really good!

BTW, after we finished the video, I finished off that whole darn chicken!

Last edited:
This one I use a lot - Got it from the Deen Bros a few yrs ago been using it ever since.
works good on the grill or in the oven.
BBQ Sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally

Also This one from the Pioneer women, been using for some time when I want a spicy one, good on chicken great on ribs, pulled pork, etc.

Chipotle Adobo BBQ Sauce

saute:
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
1/4 whole Onion, Diced
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
add:
1 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
4 Tablespoons apple cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup Molasses
4 Tablespoons Chipotle Adobo Sauce (the Adobo Sauce Chipotle Peppers Are Packed In)
Dash Of Salt
simmer 10 min stirring occasionally

Wish I could give you mine, but there are no measurements, just tasting as it's made until it tastes right. But I can give you the ingredients. Here they are.

Pureed Tomato
Brown Sugar
Chili Powder
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Ground Cloves
Mesquite Flavored Liquid Smoke
Ground Black Pepper

Start with about a half cup of the tomato, add a couple tbs. brown sugar, add a tbs. chili powder, heat it in the microwave, and stir to dissolve the sugar, and then adjust with tomato or brown sugar, and chili powder until it's as sweet as you want it. Then start adding the other ingredients, a little at a time until it's just right. You can also add a little prepared mustard to balance out the brown sugar. You can substitute maple syrup for the brown sugar as well.

This method will give you a barbecue sauce that is tailor made by you, for your tastes. It will be yours.

Another great and very simple barbecue sauce is made by mixing good honey with your favorite mustard. Start with a half cup of honey, then mix in mustard, tasting as you go, until it's just right.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon chili powder
2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tsp sugar
Pinch salt.

Combine/whisk and simmer for 15 minutes. Stores for weeks in fridge.
A little sugar can be added at the end if to tart.

A table sauce for ribs and or chicken.

Last edited:
I don't have a recipe per say because I never make the same sauce twice.

I'm in a perpetual state of tweeking them. ;)

There are way too many styles of BBQ Sauce to pick just one.:chef:

RB, I'm going to steal your basic cause it looks good to me. :yum:

Hope you don't mind if I tweek it. :D

The Chief has it correct.
Start with a basic recipe and adjust it to your individual taste as you create your own wonderful taste treat.
Keep in mind you can always add but it's difficult to subtract.

Experimentation is not only fun but it's the only way we learn in this life.

And when an experiment doesn't turn out as we'd like?

Try, try again and the dogs sure don't mind. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing everyone. I shall give a few a try some time. I could not find liquid smoke here and it looks like that it is a crucial ingredient.

I don't have a recipe per say because I never make the same sauce twice.

I'm in a perpetual state of tweeking them. ;)

There are way too many styles of BBQ Sauce to pick just one.:chef:

RB, I'm going to steal your basic cause it looks good to me. :yum:

Hope you don't mind if I tweek it. :D

The Chief has it correct.
Start with a basic recipe and adjust it to your individual taste as you create your own wonderful taste treat.
Keep in mind you can always add but it's difficult to subtract.

Experimentation is not only fun but it's the only way we learn in this life.

And when an experiment doesn't turn out as we'd like?

Try, try again and the dogs sure don't mind. :rolleyes:

Sure. But its great just as it is. A combination of SC, GA and NC styles in one. Every eat at Sonny's BBQ? Years ago I wanted to make their sauce and it took me years to get it to taste identical. Its identical to their old recipe. Not so much today.

Thanks for sharing everyone. I shall give a few a try some time. I could not find liquid smoke here and it looks like that it is a crucial ingredient.

Its not crucial or required.
In my case the food will already have the smoke flavor as I smoke the food first. Or I grill or BBQ the food. This is the only time I use it.
This sauce is not designed to be used during cooking. Its designed to be served at the table.
We put it in squirt bottles and just put one or two on the table and let each person add as they like.

I'm happy you got great results, and had fun creating your very, own sauce. Keep this up and you'll have the whole neighborhood knocking on your door.

Next challenge, create your own dry rub.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

RB, I always make the first batch as per the recipe.

And I'm sure it's good. :yum: (That's why I'm going to steal it) :ROFLMAO:

I just might tweek it because it's what I do with Q sauces.

I'm one of those "Wonder if I add or subtract x what will happen" kind of people when it comes to Q sauce.

I've come to realize that I'll never be satisfied with only one Q sauce recipe.

KC, I'm with the Chief in that I'm glad you enjoyed making "your" sauce. :clap:

Yes it can become an addiction as there are so many varieties of sauce and so many foods to pair them with. :chef:

And don't worry about the whole neighborhood knocking on your door.:ohmy:

For the time being it will only be us :pig: at DC. rapping for a taste. :whistling

And you can always :bash:

I agree with the general sentiment here. Making your own sauce and rubs justs gives more of a feeling that it's "mine", even if I started with suggestions from someone else.

And don't worry about the whole neighborhood knocking on your door.:ohmy:

For the time being it will only be us :pig: at DC. rapping for a taste. :whistling

And you can always :bash:

But when the sweet scent of grilled food drifts through the neighborhood on the summer breezes, it's amazing how many folks will stop in just to say hi! :LOL:

I know I'm on the tail end of this subject, but an ingredient I always use in mine is a healthy splash of Jack Daniel's, with the rest of the usual stuff. I don't like drinking it, but it sure makes my sauce extra special.

Last edited:
Another nice change is using jelly or marmalade for the sweet component in the sauce.

It is also a great way to use up some of the odds and ends that tend to accumulate in the back of the refrigerator.

RB, I always make the first batch as per the recipe.

And I'm sure it's good. :yum: (That's why I'm going to steal it) :ROFLMAO:

I just might tweek it because it's what I do with Q sauces.

I'm one of those "Wonder if I add or subtract x what will happen" kind of people when it comes to Q sauce.

I've come to realize that I'll never be satisfied with only one Q sauce recipe.

Have at it. :)

It just so happens that my first youtube video for Amoretti was my world famous barbecue sauce using Amoretti products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTithhQYkxE

Of course you can use equivalent products to replace the Amoretti products. It won't be the same, but it will still be really good!

BTW, after we finished the video, I finished off that whole darn chicken!

Thanks. For A long time I wondered what exactly you do. And what was the product you worked with. Duh! So I go to the home site. Now how hard was that to do. Geesh, sometimes I am so slow. But that chicken did look good.

I just asked Pirate if he was going to cook the 'tenderloin' strips for supper with onions and gravy. He came out of the kitchen with two hot dogs. "That doesn't look like tenderloin with onions and gravy." See, I do catch on eventually. You just have to be patient with me. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom