Does anyone like Vintage equipment & appliances?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Sarah!

Vintage stuff is usually cheaper than new stuff. I have been collecting vintage stuff for over 30 years.

You can do it!

When I was cleaning out a work shed of our new home, I found a Lady Hibbard Dual Waffle Maker. These were manufactured during the depression for well to do ladies. They weren't made for the everyday housewife and so, from what I understand they are quite rare, because they weren't affordable to everyone. It makes two separate 6" waffles. It's all original except one plug on the cord has been replaced. It still works or at least it gets hot, that's as far as I have tested it. Each waffle maker has a separate thermometer on the top and one doesn't work. It's chrome with very ornate engravings. It's really cool looking. The original bakelite is still intact but has browned with age and heat.

It was manufactured for the HBS Company in Chicago which is interesting because HBS later became Cotter and Co. which started the True Value Hardware chain.

I'm not quite sure what I'll do with it. Anyone interested ?

Also Vintage cooking appliances adds styles and aesthetic looks to our kitchen, I really prefer every kitchens to have vintage stuffs in it..

Back
Top Bottom