How Many Small Kitchen Appliances Do You Own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Many Small Kitchen Appliances Do You Own?

• 1-3

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 3-5

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • 5-7

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • 10+

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters
I got my first Le Creuset French oven ;) for more than half off at an outlet store because it was a floor model. It had some scratches on the bottom. More recently, I've bought Le Creuset from eBay - brand new for less than half of the retail price.

Great items to get a deal on. They are way too expensive at full price.

Those LeCreuset and Copco enameled CI pans were some of the things I picked up at this one store dirt cheap, back in the early 80s in NYC. They would have maybe a tiny scratch, or a tiny bubble in the enamel, or maybe just something that someone had returned, and nothing I could find wrong with them! I just used two of them today - the LC oval Dutch Ovens, 9 and 5 qt, that I got for $40 and $25! If I hadn't gotten these kinds of deals, I wouldn't have bought overpriced things like that.

Last edited:
My first Copco pots were bought as factory seconds, in Copenhagen. They had that sale twice a year. I got mostly perfect pots. When they graded them, they were more careful to make sure that no "seconds" got in with the "firsts", than the other way around. Same went for Royal Copenhagen porcelain and Bing & Grøndahl porcelain. Well, the porcelain, I just bought annual coffee cups.

You guys are killing me! I'm supposed to be on an austerity program!

Pies are a great way to use up small amounts of leftover meats and veggies! Very thrifty!

Whew... Saved by the bell! Amazon.ca is out of the pie maker... :mrgreen: and don't know when it will be back in stock!

Williams-Sonoma often has great sales on them....just saying. ;)

Aussie Curried Meat pies with coconut cream pie.

That sounds delicious. We need to revive the mini pie thread!

OK Kathleen, sweet little cupcake that you are... you are not helping!:mad::mad::mad:

I'll just now have an excuse to cook more foods... 'oh, it's ok, it's for these thrifty little pies I'm making!' ;):rolleyes::LOL:

I stopped going to Sonoma... never really found a deal that was in my budget!

Yes, on this one I agree, that recipe should be posted PF. Sounds delish!

Yes, on this one I agree, that recipe should be posted PF. Sounds delish!

I'll have to think about it, never had a recipe, it just comes together. I'll make it and write down the amounts. Learned it from a boss I had who was from Melbourne. And he made enough for 100 pies...

Because of keeping Kosher, and not mixing milk and dairy products, pretty much everything is doubled.
I have a small food processor 3 cups I think, and a 14 cup , both Cuisinart,
a stand up mixer, Kitchen aid, with meat grinder and paste attachments,
a toaster,
a slow cooker,
a hand mixer,
Double that up.
Rice Cooker.
Blow torch
Digital Scale
Then I have a juicer, only one.
One blender,
One coffee maker, Keureg kind,
one waffle maker,
One Soda stream.
Two Pizza ovens, I bought for Pizza party I had for my daughters birthday, though to be hones I think I only used them couple of times only since then.

Now, to make my life even more complicated. I have not only have separate appliances, but a whole separate kitchen, yes, you heard me right, for Passover.

With whole another set of appliances.

Electrical meat grinder
14 cup Cuisinart
2, different types, juicers
electrical gridle
couple of "camp stoves" I think that is what they are called. The small one, one burner, using cans of gas fuel.
hand mixer
soda stream

I think that's it.

Total craziness if you ask me.

But, hey, what can you do with guy who cannot walk pass kitchen store without buying something new. Guy who has 7 frying pans on meat side.

P.S. Oh, forgot, coffee grinder, coffee maker, an old simple kind, two warming plates, electrical griddle (love that one, really nice for Chief's recipe pancakes , two microwaves. I think now it is it.

Oh, the bread maker, but I rarely if ever use it.

Last edited:
Annnndddddd....

I just ordered the Anova Precision Oven. Shipping on Feb 12th.

Just 'cause I didn't have enough toys.

It arrived! Now I have to figure out what to do with it.

Attachments

• 20210214_214641.jpg
    20210214_214641.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20210214_214725.jpg
    20210214_214725.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210217_074108.jpg
    20210217_074108.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210217_074015.jpg
    20210217_074015.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 74
It arrived! Now I have to figure out what to do with it.
Nice! I found out there's a Facebook group dedicated to the type of countertop oven I bought. The admin created photo albums for different foods and encourages people to post pictures of what they make, along with recipes.

It's surprising to me how many people ask what types of pans they can use [emoji848] Well, anything that fits! [emoji16]

Nice! I found out there's a Facebook group dedicated to the type of countertop oven I bought. The admin created photo albums for different foods and encourages people to post pictures of what they make, along with recipes.

It's surprising to me how many people ask what types of pans they can use [emoji848] Well, anything that fits! [emoji16]

I see Amazon product questions that have me shaking my head. Sometimes I wonder if these people have actually cooked anything in their lives. I guess everyone starts somewhere.

I really love the look of that Ninja oven! I almost want my countertop oven to break down so I'll have an excuse to buy one!

Back
Top Bottom