Meat grinder question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I buy new blades...not worth the effort for me to sharpen...Plates last a long, long time....So do the blades....YMMV
As long as your grinder is not just "mushing" the meat..you are probably good to go.

Last edited:
I actually used mine yesterday i have kitchenaid attachment. but the key thing is to put all the blades and grinder attachments in freezer before use keep them cold and partially freeze the meat everything will grind so much easier that way.

TaxLady--I was about to PM you to find out if you were okay! I know nothing about meat grinder blades (except that I covet an electric meat grinder).

Glad to see you're still here.

TaxLady--I was about to PM you to find out if you were okay! I know nothing about meat grinder blades (except that I covet an electric meat grinder).

Glad to see you're still here.

At least a few weeks ago she was ;)

I actually used mine yesterday i have kitchenaid attachment. but the key thing is to put all the blades and grinder attachments in freezer before use keep them cold and partially freeze the meat everything will grind so much easier that way.

Great Idea!

Don't forget. Meat grinds much better if everything is cold. I throw the grinder attachment for my Kitchenaid in the freezer for a while and grind the meat partially frozen.

Also the grinding disc and cutting blades unless stainless steel I store in a plastic container with a tight lid. I cover the parts in vegetable oil to keep them fresh and rust free.

Robert

Re:

A few hours above where I live is a huge Amish area and there is a supplier who has more parts for more meat grinders than I have ever seen.

Lehmans.com

This outfit will ship world wide too.

When I was there they had a room full of kero lamp chimneys of every imaginable size.
It was like stepping back 150 years in time.

You may contact them with info about your grinder and if they can provide it they sure will ship it.

Another thought is to visit a machine shop toward the end of the week like on a Friday when it is slow. Show them the blade and ask if they would know how to sharpen it or suggest for you to sharpen it. You may be able to place it on a fine
piece of sand paper on a very flat surface and just move it around in circles. Do both sides. They may have a suggestion for a method to do it and the grade of
sand paper or whatever.

TaxLady--My DH can probably sharpen them for you. He has all those things in his machine shop one uses to sharpen blades. He could probably make you new ones as well. You could always drop them in the mail to me and then we could finally connect in C'wall. The garden was bust this year--not to mention I was in MN for 7 weeks.

I just bought a Cuisinart meat grinder. Probably should've asked questions about it first. Any comments on it folks? I haven't unpacked it, so I could take it back.

Last edited:
From the manufacturer of your grinder...

That would be hard for me. Mine is an old hand grinder that I got from my mother, and she got from her mother - it must date back to the 1920's. When my mom passed away, it was the only item which my sister and I disputed ownership of. I won. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom