My new cool tea cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I saw this and thought the concept was really clever. I was not sure how it would work in practice, but I got one anyway and am happy to say it works really well. Not only does it look great, but it is very functional. Although I think the black option they have is a pretty dumb idea because you can not see the color of the tea. But I guess if you go by time then that really doesn't matter.

If you are looking for an inexpensive gift for a tea drinker this year then check out this cup.

Tipping Tea Cup

I saw this and thought the concept was really clever. I was not sure how it would work in practice, but I got one anyway and am happy to say it works really well. Not only does it look great, but it is very functional. Although I think the black option they have is a pretty dumb idea because you can not see the color of the tea. But I guess if you go by time then that really doesn't matter.

If you are looking for an inexpensive gift for a tea drinker this year then check out this cup.

Tipping Tea Cup

Very nice! How easy is it to clean. This would be perfect for work, right now I have about 5 different pieces for loose leaf teas, but they are all a booger to rinse.

I got one for home and one for work. It is ideal for the office. It is very easy to clean. The screen does not come out, but a quick tap over the trash and the leaves all come out then a quick rinse with a sponge and soap and it is good to go. It can also go in the dishwasher so cleaning is really easy.

Since I have an account at Uncommon Goods...I think I will get a white one for myself. Thanks GB for the heads up and rec!

Thats an interesting idea. I always make my loose tea in a pot so the leaves have room to spread out. But that would be good if you didnt want to go through the trouble.

Many of my tea cups and pots are dark colored. I always time my tea as the color usually forms before the tea is brewed enough. So the color of my teaware doesnt matter

Why do you suppose they made it of something not suitable for the microwave?

Bummer.
Probably because most people who drink tea made from loose leaves find that their tea tastes better from freshly boiled water from a kettle. A lot of people find microwaved water to have an off taste.

Of course if you don't have any issues with microwave water then you could always nuke the water in another cup and pour into this one when it boils. Since you are just dealing with clean water you can put that cup right back into the cupboard after filling after you are done since it is still clean.

I need a handle. Seriously, I know that's nuts, but that was the deal breaker for me. Its pretty cool though, and smart idea.

That's just how I like it. I often cup my tea in my hands, but I feel lost without the handle. I prefer the heft of a bigger mug too so that one would have been perfect. Where would you put the handle though? Put it on one side and its ok for righties, but not lefties.

I think the design of this cup is more like a Japanese soup bowl. I hold it with one hand with my thumb on the top rim and my fingers on the bottom.

That's sort of what I envisioned. Is it easy to knock over? Say by a clumsy kitty or meandering dog with a huge tail?

Andy you rip off the paper tage and thread the string through the mesh holes. That keeps the tea bag in place.

It is a very wide cup so it is very stable, but of course part of its design is that it tips. I would say the fact that it is wider than a normal mug is cancelled out by the tipping design and it ends up about as stable as a regular mug. i would not worry any more about this mug tipping then any other mug.

That's just how I like it. I often cup my tea in my hands, but I feel lost without the handle. I prefer the heft of a bigger mug too so that one would have been perfect. Where would you put the handle though? Put it on one side and its ok for righties, but not lefties.

Double Handle? :)

double-handle-mug-10oz-extralarge.jpg

Back
Top Bottom