Off Brand Vacuum Bags and Rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roll_Bones

Master Chef
I am looking for a good deal on vacuum bags for my Food Saver vacuum machine.
I have found some off brand rolls for a very reasonable price.
Amazon and EBay is where I saw them.

2 - 50' x 11" rolls for between $22 and $28. No thickness is listed. I think the Food Saver bags are 4mil?
Anyhow, has anyone tried these off brand bags, where did you buy them and were you satisfied?

TIA

Last edited:
I buy what I find cheapest. I haven't bought any off of the internet because when I want them I want them now. I know I could save a few bucks by planning ahead that's not my nature on these type of things.

I've used off brand rolls and never had a problem with them. They've sealed and kept the seal as long as was needed. Please don't ask what brands they were because I couldn't tell you. ;)

As to where I got them. Wally world once had some but now I only see the Food Saver rolls there. K- Mart was another place along with the local hardware store. They sell everything. :D

I say go for it. How tough to they need to be for life in the freezer. :)

I purchase rolls of bags from webstaurantstore.com. I have ordered many different things from them, and they've always been reliable. Folks on another forum I frequent also use them.

Commercial Vacuum Sealer Bags | Vacuum Packaging Bags - WebstaurantStore

These bags work for me - both for storage and sous vide. I've had no problems and the price is right.

Prices are better than what I have found. Thanks very much!

BTW, Food Saver brand is only 3mil thick.

So I'm sold. Same thickness, less than half the price of the brand name rolls. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom