Pampered Chef vs. Williams-Sonoma?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no experience with WS & have limited experience with PC, I have some stoneware from them & a couple of gadgets that I recieved as gifts. I do love my stoneware, the gadgets I could have gotten I pretty much like, but the only one I really use is the meat therm. But, as far as torches go, I have this one & love it! http://www.solder-it.com/mj300.asp I haven't replaced the fuel cell, as they call it, yet. When I do, I'll just run to the nearest dollar store & pick up a pack of lighters for a buck or 2.

In my opinion, you can't beat the quality of William Sonoma. I have never been dissatisfied with anything.:)

Am I crazy, or does Williams-Sonoma not have a mandoline in their inventory? I have a $300 gift card to that store and was looking for a mandoline there but nothing came up!

Yes they sell a variety of mandolines. I have found that their website does not always show everything that you might find inside the store.

yes they do, i have one of them works very well.

and i do much prefer w-s over pc. pc is not good quality
pc stuff is not as high as w-s but w-s stuff is quality.

i will not buy another thing from pc

GB said:
Yes they sell a variety of mandolines. I have found that their website does not always show everything that you might find inside the store.

Heh, this should have been obvious to me, that maybe the website didn't show everything that they carry. :huh:

:) To the original poster. I always thought that it is the food that must be of superior quality, what you cook with makes absolutelly no difference in the end result. Of course if you have money to burn, go ahead end enjoy your self. W.S. is great store. There are even better ones.

But of course the original poster is probably not reading any of that as he/she hasn't been checking in for a while. Oh, well....

I'll have to take a pic of my Pampered Chef stoneware - I love the stuff! It's thicker than a lot out there. I too love their garlic press.

Been to plenty of PC parties as a favor to friends. Never purchased anything because I thought the items were a bit costly. Plus, I already had similar items that worked just fine for me.

Enter Christmas 2006. A friend gave me one of PC's small bar pans. I was a bit skeptical about its "non-stick" abilities.

I have a friend who swears by PC baking stones, pans, etc. I value his opinion because he is a very discerning purchaser and an awesome cook.

I've used the bar pan about 4 times since Christmas and I am truly amazed at how it performed. It behaved almost like non-stick right out of the chute.

This is my only experience, but the stoneware seems to be worth the price.

Back
Top Bottom