Paper towels...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is the best brand of paper towel?

• Bounty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawny

• Viva

• cheapest

• Don't use paper towels - I voted for Al Gore

• Total voters

Otter

Sous Chef
My mother usually has both oars in the water, but is totally off base on this one. We have decided to let "The People's Court" settle this one.
What is the best brand of paper towels?

I use 'em by the ton from Costco, including the blue shop ones (which are excellent and can be re-used, and re-used, and re-used), but I sooooo wanted to put my #2 pencil in the very last choice.

I buy the best bargain that I can find. I go through paper towels like water so I try to get as many for as little $$$ as possible.

I buy the best value, but only go through about a roll a month. Mostly, I use flour sack towels (I do a respectable load of those every 24 hours).

I'm puzzled though: What do paper towels have to do with the internet?

I would prefer Bounty if it was the cheapest. All my messes end up in the sink anyway :LOL:

?flour sack towels???

Audeo said:
Mostly, I use flour sack towels
well, color me curious - you and mudbug have both mentioned these - what kind of flour are you buying that comes in cloth bags? Or is this just a kind of kitchen towel?

subfus: they are a kind of towel, made from soft cotton material that resembles flour sacks of old. very soft, thin, light, and usually large size. You can get them at Wms Sonoma as well as at my local grocery. I love 'em and ditched all those terry ones I used to use.

I buy the prettiest! my favourite has winnie the pooh on it, my next favourite is the Forever Friends with teddy bears. At the moment our kitchen towel has vegetables on it, not very cute, but never mind (dh bought that one!)

Scott, they don't leave lint when we french drip the coffee through them, and they allow the water through at just the right pace! The people who use french drip pots here swear they're the only way to go, don't use the cloth filter cause I don't like washing it. So I just buy the Scott brand and use them for everything.

I voted for Viva. We use that for all around kitchen stuff. And we use a lot. But for the cleaning purposes I have always preferred bounty WHITE.

I use whatevers on sale also,
What the heck, I'm throughing them in the trash when I've finished with them anyway!
John.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom